Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.22 revolver

Old 01-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Daveboone
Ruger single six in stainless is about as bomb proof as you can get. Mark 11 is a fine weapon, but an auto will be a bit finickier with ammo. Anything will work in the single six including .22 shorts. The Ruger Bearcat is also a fine candidate. Quite a bit smaller than the single six, it does not have target sites, but at finish em off range, that probably isnt a factor. The Smith and wesson double action Kit Gun is also a great weapon, landing between the other two in size, and it comes with target sites also. I sold my stainless single six, and have regretted it ever since. I still have my Mark 11, but it is a bear to break down to clean thoroughly, (a factor being carried outside frequently in sloppy weather) and heavier.

I'll certainly second the Ruger Bearcat as a first choice....the only problem is just try to find one. They're being gobbled up by most everybody. My second choice would be the Single Six. They can be a bit hard to find at times too.....
Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well,guess what,my dad says im not old enough to have a pistol!Im 16,he says i gotta be 18 to have a pistol.DaNgGiT,dAnGiT,DaNgGt!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

I like Rugers but they are a little more expensive. For just checking traps and all, the Hertiage is great. I have one and it has never failed to shoot and shoots pretty accurate.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmm.....buy him one for Christmas or a Birthday then borrow it all the time!

I have a Ruger Mark III Target 22LR Hand Gun with the bull barrel and it is a very accurate gun,a little on the heavy side but a good gun to pack around for shooting Squirrels,Possums,Racoons and an occasional Coyote.

As far as a good looking and nice handling hand gun I would love to get me a Browning Buck Mark 22LR hand gun in black with the gold trigger.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

13pt, your age brings up a god issue.
In many states, it's illegal for a minor to be in possession of a handgun under 18, and 21 in some states.
So heed your fathers advice for now, wait till 18, than try again, or get with you mom and buy dad one for Christmas.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I have been using a Hi-Standard Double 9 for small game since 1966..........
Old 01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

He said i could git 1 when i turn 18.He said i could buy all the rifles and shotguns in the state of alabama and he wouldnt care!Hes not really my dad,but hes been more like a father to me.he taught me how to hunt fish and trap.along with alot of other things.