Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Weatherby Vanguard Carbine

Old 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

Default Weatherby Vanguard Carbine

I saw one of these but wasn't sure if was a youth model or not until I saw the website. I thought one of them in 243 would make a nice deer rifle. Anyone have one of 'em?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

It's made by Howa, if that means anything.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cut'em Jack
I saw one of these but wasn't sure if was a youth model or not until I saw the website. I thought one of them in 243 would make a nice deer rifle. Anyone have one of 'em?

The only one I have seen had a 20" barrel with a "youth" stock installed. It also came with a full size stock to install once the youth stock became too small. It is made by Howa which makes a good quality rifle. You can buy the Howa a little cheaper in most places if that matters.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a full sized Vanguard and love it. I also have a Sako and a custom Remington 700 and I choose the Vanguard most times. Mostly because it's chambered in my favorite caliber, but it has to be a great rifle to edge out the Sako.