Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question about the Tikka T3

Old 01-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Spike

[QUOTE=I have to ask why you (or any one else) would knowingly buy a rifle chambered for a magnum cartridge that weighs in at less than 6.5 pounds and then complain about the recoil. If you are going to go through all the hassle of adding weight, recoil reducers, etc... why not just buy a heavier rifle to begin with?[/QUOTE]

I was as vocal as I was in my post, so that others would know, just how light the T3 Lites are. Also, the T3 Lite will not take a mercury recoil reducer, as the stock is a honey-comb design, instead of a cylindrical shape.

When I went into a sports shop to buy a Marlin XL7 that they had on sale, they also had the T3 Lite on sale. The Marlin was a .30/06 and the T3 was a .270 Win. So, I came home with the Tikka.

I'm still glad that I bought the Tikka. I shoots so good, that I enjoy shooting it at the range, much more than I thought. Just trying to get as much information out as I can, for others.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Banned

But its a 270...

That thing should be like shooting a BB gun. Maybe you've got some form issues or something. My 06 Tikka is comfy like butta...and thats with 165's
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I just put a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad on my T3 Lite (300WSM).

Hopefully the temps will get above freezing this SAT so I can get out and shoot it.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Spike

is there some reason whu u cannot shoot it below freezing or is it just too cold to go out in,,,,
Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

its the .270wsm. a little bit more powder to burn than the .270