Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

how much should you spend on a safe.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I am planing on buying the Ar this spring and the bigger safe next fall or the following spring. Why spend 1200 bucks on a safe and not have the guns to put in it. Though it will be the nexty purchase I make after the Ar. I figure bolt the sentry down and I should be fine unless the house burns down. If that happens I will be getting my guns out when the fire dept arrives.
Originally Posted by RLoving1
You spend 1500 on a safe and only put $1000 worth guns in it it sounds like you should go out and buy more guns so your making it earn it's keep! I bought the big one they sell at Academy and it's fine for what I have,it's full of long guns and left enough room to move them around with top space for papers and ammo or misc..Gun safes are money well spent so spend it on a good one if you can swing it!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why spend 1200 bucks on a safe and not have the guns to put in it.
Uhm.......... so you don't have to buy another safe later down the road and it ends up costing you twice as much than it would have if you had just bought one big enough for future firearms in the first place.

The same reason we all bitch when driving down the highway. Why did they build it two lanes instead of four lanes when they knew darn good and well there would eventually be more drivers.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

well I did not buy the sentry. It was my xmas gift from mom and dad. I could not talk them into the 1200 browning. Dad told me when i got ready to buy the browning he would buy the sentry off me cause he wants one for paper work, their laptops and money. SO it does not cost me anything. Plus when i buy the browning i will already be 300 up on it. Kind of like them knocking 300 bucks off the price.
Originally Posted by bigbulls
Uhm.......... so you don't have to buy another safe later down the road and it ends up costing you twice as much than it would have if you had just bought one big enough for future firearms in the first place.

The same reason we all bitch when driving down the highway. Why did they build it two lanes instead of four lanes when they knew darn good and well there would eventually be more drivers.