Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Lone Wolf barrels

Old 12-12-2009, 04:41 PM
bigcountry

Default Lone Wolf barrels

Ok, guys I know I may be paranoid, but I no longer can shoot my Glock 21 with max pressure reloads. I just saw post mortem k-boom a few days ago with a 40. I have been preachin the whole time that it was no big deal with the unsupported case of a glock barrel. But do not feel comfortable

So looking at the bar sto's, Jarvis, but also see Lone wolf. Anyone recommend em?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember reading that some Glock's have a fully supported chamber and some don't. I could be wrong... I do recall that my Glock 21 didn't have a fully supported chamber, but I ran my reloads moderate and didn't have any problems. Do the 9mm Glock's have an unsupported chamber? The 9mm Lugar runs a lot more pressure than the 45ACP, so if the 45 will blow up, the 9mm is a disaster waiting to happen if it does.

Mike
Old 12-12-2009, 06:02 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by driftrider
I remember reading that some Glock's have a fully supported chamber and some don't. I could be wrong... I do recall that my Glock 21 didn't have a fully supported chamber, but I ran my reloads moderate and didn't have any problems. Do the 9mm Glock's have an unsupported chamber? The 9mm Lugar runs a lot more pressure than the 45ACP, so if the 45 will blow up, the 9mm is a disaster waiting to happen if it does.

Mike
All Glocks have some unsupported areas. But 9mm's are not the ones that blow. Problems are reported to occur with 40's and 45's. Same sized barrel as the nine. So much thinner.

I can see the area that is unsupported on mine.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot Double Taps faithfully out of my Model 20 ever since I got it .I might have run some crap in between.I have yet to see any signs of a problem .If I am not mistaken the biggest problem was with the 10mm.Mine shoots like a sonofagun.I don't load for it yet but I doubt I will get any hotter than the DT's .