Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Target syndrome

Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 PM
bigcountry

Only way to defeat flinch is to shoot more. Practice. Soon your mind just becomes used to it.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya i am also thinking a 308 Ar platform. It would be a good reason to buy one. My shoulder is bad and there talking surgery so recoil is a big issue.
Originally Posted by TUK101
I would even think about going with a .308 or 7mm-08. Less recoil and they are both very potent calibers. A 30.06 has pretty noticeable recoil in it's own right, noticeably more than a 308 with the same loads. I have a hard time with recoil after a couple of shoulder surgeries and some neck problems. I can shoot an 30.06, but not in a light enough rifle to be comfortable to carry, and you carry a rifle a lot more than you shoot it when hunting. But with a .308 I can get a light rifle and still handle the recoil well enough to get a lot of practice with it. And by the way, a muzzleloader in 50 caliber is going to give you some pretty good recoil. If you have to try lowering the charge of powder till you get the hang of it and then work up to a full charge.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default All in the mind

It takes calmness, a hard thing to find in the modern man.

Learned years ago on the basketball free line. Don't over think hitting the target. Seeing it is enough. Be calm. Maybe let out a breath before you shoot. And repeat the same movement over and over.

You practice it, again and again.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Ya i am also thinking a 308 Ar platform. It would be a good reason to buy one. My shoulder is bad and there talking surgery so recoil is a big issue.
What is the shoulder problem?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure yet. I feel on some ice last year and being so big it messed something up. GOing for therapy and maybe surgery.
Originally Posted by skiking
What is the shoulder problem?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

also i don't think it is a shoulder issue as it does it with my 10/22