Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

35 Whenlen 35 Remington

Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like said 35 whelan is the way to go. A buddy mine picked up a barely used 7600 this summer and took a young bull moose this year with handle loaded 225gr nosper partitions. He followed that up the other morning with a 150 class whitetail. Moose was shot at less then 100 and whitetail was 270, one shot a few yards after were the result with both. Always thought it make a perfect moose gun, when my buddy mentioned it i told him to jump on it...06' in the safe might have a future afterall. LOL
Old 11-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a couple whelens. both carbines. ones a 7600 and the other is a 750. the 750 i picked up in a weak moment. but the 7600 topped w/ a williams peep and fiberoptic front bead is the ultimate trackers gun up here in the northeast. love it love it love it!!! pounds 'em hard and is a quick gun to point and shoot. i think you would be happy plus if you relo0ad that opens a whole new demension for the whelen. it rivels my mod 7 350 mag in accuracy