Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

270 ?????

Old 11-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default 270 ?????

I recently purchased a prohunter and a 270 barrel.... sighted in with 130 grain remington express corlocks ... gun shot lousy...but got it to group under 2 inches .Shot a doe with it today .Hit it on the point of the shoulder angling forward and down took out one lung breaking ribs and the bullet came apart hamburgering the oposite shoulder.The damage was extensive...so i picked up some Hornady 140 grain interlocks and sighted them in under an inch group.What kind of performance should i expect to see verses the remington corlocks.I use to shoot winchester supreme silver tip boatails from my 3006 and had very good performance with them , will the interlocks be similar?I havent hunted with a center fire rifle in almost 15 years so any info would help . thanks.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

140 interlocks...expect good things to happen.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

OK so i have been thinking about my situation with the corlocks.. my shot was at 47 yards short range for a rifle probably caused the bullet to explode on the shoulder ...Just dont like picking shattered bone and metal fragments from my meat or wasting the front shoulders that way .Any body have information on the bullet performance of the interlocks or the federal fusions .