Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Advice for trading gun for gun

Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Advice for trading gun for gun

I might be trading a shotgun of mine for a ML,and I have some questions. It will be a trade between Minnesota,and Texas.Is there anything legaly that I need to know? And the other question is how do you go about the trade tomake sure that one of us dont get burned.What I mean is, how do you make sure that I dont send him my gun,and then he dont send his?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

just get a hold of a dealer near his house, dont use the one he wants too....have ur dealer talk to the dealer you choose here and when the guns are both at the stores the dealers will work it out, and each of you will need to pay yer dealers their fee.. lol dont use basss pro shops. right hand dont kno what the left hand is doin in a large copany like that...gl
Old 10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well here's the deal, the muzzle loader don't require a NICS, check unless it's a T/C. The shotgun will. So I'd say you both should just drive to a mutually agreed to location and do the swap. By the time you both get done paying for the shipping and transfer fees, at couple of tanks of gas and a weekend road trip may just be the ticket.