Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

Old 05-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Went for used BuckMark, didn' t work

Did you look at how the rounds were alligned in the magazine? I' m betting (as many others have mentioned), that the magazine lip was spread, as easy to fix as simply buying a new one, or even just bending it in with a rag and a pair of pliers. It' s pretty easy to tell when they' re spread, for one, they won' t be parallel, they' ll be tight at the rear usually, and spread at the feed mouth, and for another thing, your first round will be pointing more upward than the rest of the magazine. The mag that came with my Ballister-Molina had a terrible time with feeding, strangely with it, the third round of semiauto " rapid-fire" wouldn' t chamber for crap, it would stovepipe instead of chambering, who knows why it was always the third in a string, but I got to looking at it one night, notice the flare, grabbed a pair of hog-ring pliers and a thick rag, bent it in a bit, then tested the feed, bent it out, tested the feed...now it functions flawlessly. Then the next day or so I bought two new mags anyway, and now all of them spit fire like a dream.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

i have got your fix! although it could be the mag, check the 2 screws on the sight base. the ONLY time i have EVER had any trouble with mine (and i have ran WELL over 10,000 rounds through mine) was when one of the screws worked itself loose. just tighted and try again. if it isn' t that find a buddy with one and try his clip in the gun at the shop
Old 05-20-2003, 08:40 PM

I' ve had the opposite problems than Ballistictip. My two Belgium Challengers never jam. The one Buckmark I owned would jam after a couple boxes of shells. It would only function reliably when totally clean.