Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

FS Rem 700 AWR 7mm Rem Mag NEW

Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default FS Rem 700 AWR 7mm Rem Mag NEW

I am selling a Remington AWR(Alaskan Wilderness Rifle) in 7mm Rem Mag. This is a lightweight Mountain rifle made in the Remington Custom Shop by special order. Remington has revamped their custom shop and only a handfull of dealers can even order from them anymore. This gun is $3299 now new with a wait list.

The 700AWR has stainless barrell and action and is teflon coated for added protection and mounted in a high quality fiberglass black stock. This is NOT a Wal-Mart gun! It has Leupold bases and 1" rings that were lapped before mounting a Swarovski 4-12x50 with TDS reticle. ($1239 now at Cabelas)
The whole rig was brand new and is in mint condition. 7mmRemMag is probably the best and hardest to find caliber. I started breaking in the barrell and sighting in scope and never finished. It has only been fired I think 26 times total.
It just sits in the safe and I need to sell to pay bills as I can't hunt much any more.
I am asking $2900 for the whole rig. I'll include a couple boxes of ammo too. I would consider selling rifle only with bases and lapped rings so you could just drop in your own 1" scope.

This is the finest rifle I have ever owned and I wish I didn't have to let it go. Someone will be very happy with it.