Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Air gun for rabbits

Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by boilermaker85
Haha just messin with ya! He didnt say he had an orphanage full of kids nor a kennel full of dogs!
Who said it had to be his kid (or dog)? He said he lives in a residential area, where there are residences, which is where kids and dogs live. I'm not sure who is messing with whom, but forgive me if I think the idea of recklessly poisoning a child is not very funny.

Mike
Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Where i come from kids dont tresspass and dogs stay in a kennel so take your pissyness to somebody else! There is that better? Is that what your here for? Geeze
Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by boilermaker85
Where i come from kids dont tresspass and dogs stay in a kennel so take your pissyness to somebody else! There is that better? Is that what your here for? Geeze
Then you obviously don't come from a residential neighborhood.

I'm sorry... that you think that pointing out a very stupid and reckless idea, with potentially lethal consequences to children and pets, is being "pissy." I live in a residential neighborhood, and I have kids (and a dog). If you did something this stupid and poisoned my kid, I'd gut shoot you just to see how long it'd take you to die. But, hey, you're just messing around, right?

Mike
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

U are as ****ed up as they said you were! Take your medication. Skitzo
Old 08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just don't abide stupid people. I don't know who "they" are that think I'm whatever, but I'm guessing they're a lot like you.

Mike
Old 08-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

LOL
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't live in a "residential" area, but I DO have neighbors down the road with a couple of young boys..... and a dog. I have a dog of my own, also. Can you remember being a young kid and investigating your surroundings? To me, putting a poison out where it can be available to kids, pets, or just plain curious people is irresponsible. Period.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RobertSubnet
Hello all.

I have a bit of a rabbit problem where I live. Rabbits have turned my backyard into their personal caffeteria and toilet.

I've decided the most effective way to deal with the issue is to just shoot the critters with a pellet gun.

I live in a residential area so a true hunting air rifle would be too much.

I have a Crossman pump rifle that is useless beyond 7 yards or so. Earlier today I shot a rabbit at about 30 feet. The rabbit hopped away with a damaged back leg. Hours later I still feel like a POS about it. (I was using Gamo hunting pellets no less)

Anyway. Is there an airgun, maybe something adjustable, that has enough power to kill out to 30 some odd feet that does not sound like a 22 magnum?

Thanks.

What you have may work if you make good shots.....shooting rabbits in the ass with anything is less than effective.
My Gamo Hunter 220 .177 will kill a cottontail rabbit at 15 yds...shoot them in the head.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any place that has kids (where I live they are everywhere and in everyone's yard), poison is not an option.

Those .22 CB Longs are an interesting idea. I would hate to get caught, though. No matter the fact that they have a small amount of propellant, it's still discharging a firearm within city limits.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pawildman
I don't live in a "residential" area, but I DO have neighbors down the road with a couple of young boys..... and a dog. I have a dog of my own, also. Can you remember being a young kid and investigating your surroundings? To me, putting a poison out where it can be available to kids, pets, or just plain curious people is irresponsible. Period.
Better watch out, you're starting to sound "pissy!" (like me, I guess)

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.