Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Warne Rings and Bases

Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Warne Rings and Bases

I wanted post here about my current and previous experience with Warne. To say that I am anything short of completely satisfied would be an injustice.

Previously I purchased a set of Warne rings and bases for a muzzleloader from the internet. I purchased the wrong size. I called Warne and told them the situation and they replaced them to the right size without any issue.

Recently I purchased a set of rings and bases for a Win Mod 70 and I needed to creep my scope closer to my eye. Gerry, the tech, told me the two sizes for the extensions that he had available and said that once I know what I want he would send them out right away.

I've never had an issue with any of my Warne rings or bases but I can't say the same for my Leupolds. Which is why I no longer buy the Leupolds.

The only downside if any to the Warne set up is the installation can be a bit tricky but you rarely if ever take them off so that in my opinion is a non-issue.

I don't work for Warne this is just me sharing my experience with thier products and thier exceptional service.

Tom
Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good post Tom. I've put Warne's on several rifles. In all but one case, they have been very stout and dependable. The only issue I had was with their rings for the tapered dovetail on a Sako 75. They were loose and sloppy...a no go. When I called, they said that the dovetail dimensions had apparently changed and Sako wasn't good at providing them with the correct specs. They said sorry and that they were going to discontinue that mount. Oh well, I ended up with Talley's that worked very well so no major problem.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Spike

I just don't care at all how there rings look. They have screws all over and very unclean IMO. MidwayUSA has a nice book that carrys pretty much all of the big brands and gives you a better idea what your getting and the look your going for. I shop by that. I like the burris/leupold double dove tail look myself
Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

While I have had no real problems with Leupolds my preference the past number of years has been Warne. I must say I am also very pleased with my latest purchases from Talley. I have found the CS departments at both Warne and Talley to be top notch.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Had to buy my first set of Warne's because they were the only manufacturer of steel for a S&W 460 Magnum. Truly impressed with their quality- but i have mounted many sets of Leupolds without issue. Both are top notch in my experience.