Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Rifle for P.Dogs - Yotes.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Spike

Default Rifle for P.Dogs - Yotes.

Looking for a rifle to handle everything from prairie dogs to yotes. I'm struggling with my decision. I thought I could get a Model 10 Precision Carbine custom made to left handed and it'd be a perfect walking varmint rifle but that turned out to be too expensive thanks to a greedy Savage company who wanted an extra $200 over a right handed model. Here are the rifles I'm considering:

Savage 10FLCP-K in .223
Con: 8.9 lbs without scope

Savage 16FLHSS in .223
Con: Sporter/Lightweight barrel.

I've looked at CZ (not a 1 in 9 twist for heavier bullets) and Remmy (nothing good looking as far as I'm concerned). While I have a Browning X-bolt I want this rifle to be left handed and they're still Browning $. HELP!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anything you like, as long as it's chambered for .22-250. IMO, the best varmint/predator round ever, except for maybe the .22-250 Ackley Improved!

Mike
Old 07-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Worth a look.............

http://www.tikkaprecision.com/catego...ed_Rifles.aspx

My buddy has one and loves it !