Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Replaced the sights on a Beretta 92...learned a lot.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Replaced the sights on a Beretta 92...learned a lot.

Well my father-in-law had a Beretta 92 that has been shooting low since he got it used and well worn. He gave it to me to see what I could do for it about a month ago and the first thing I did was put a heavier recoil spring in it. We tested it a few weeks ago and it not only felt better and more solid racking the slide but it shot better to. It wasn't shooting perfect though so he asked me to put an adjustable sight on it for him. I got it this week and for my biggest bit of smithing to date I think I did good even though I did booger it up a little bit.

I think it was someone's service pistol because it has signs of being well wore and carried alot. The recoil spring was worn out from many many rounds fired.

Didn't have a vice so I had to get a little redneck engineering going.