Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New CZ 550 FS

Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default New CZ 550 FS

First of all, hello to all of you--New guy here from northern Indiana--this looks like a good forum with some knowledgable members and I have a question. I just recently stumbled on to the forum so bear with me while I get back to a subject recently covered. I just picked up my new Cz 550 FS today, been wanting one for awhile, 30-06, and they sent a small tool in a black cloth bag with it. Iv'e looked thru the info booklet that came with the gun and see no reference to this tool. Black steel, oval shape, and the one end tapers to a very small flat blade screwdriver, keyway looking cutout in the center. Is this possibly what is used to adjust the trigger? Can one of you enlighten me? Thanks, John H
Old 04-21-2009, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New CZ 550 FS

Yup, that's what it's for... My CZ 550 had very easy to follow instructions in the manual regarding trigger adjustment... I adjusted my own and it is sweet...

Enjoy your CZ.. They are a good value and I've never heard of one that was not extremely accurate...Mine is the 550 American, but I've always admired the looks of the FS models...
Old 04-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New CZ 550 FS

Thanks Pygmy, for your advice, I'll recheck the pamplet---I just want some feedback on this to find out if anyone else agrees--the front sight hood looks awkward, to say the least. Iv'e always liked the"look" of a hooded front sight, with or without a scope. This front sight hood is very large, very round and the rear edge is slanted the wrong way. When I ordered the rifle, I thought, take the hood off and grind it to the correct angle, lightly touch up the edge with the blueing and re-install. Can't do it due to very large opening in top of hood to allow light into front sight area. So I just left it off and it looks great without it. So, any of you that also feel the hood detracts from the overall good looks of the FS, just take it off, the front sight looks fine without it and also looks very strong. John