Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

handgun transfer to a pawn shop

Old 04-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: handgun transfer to a pawn shop

Seems to me the legal issues is with him and buying the gun not with me. Though i have no intent of breaking any laws. My guest if somethign did happen Him or Him and i would go to jail or i would lose my 600 gun 100 bucks is not worth the trouple. I figure it would cost me 50 to drive there not sure it is worth 50 bucks to drive there. I do not also want to buy it at gander mountain either the kinda pisses me off with there 75 dollar transfer fee.

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: homers brother

Tim,

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60

While this doesn't on the surface appear to be outside anylegal statutes, the fact that it raises the question in the first place tells you what you should do. In a sense, when your sister's boyfriend answers the block "are you the buyer", he's stretching the truth and the intent. I'm no attorney, but It'd be a bit different if it were a firearm he already owned that you were buying, but even those purchases can be restricted by state laws.

A better option would be to have the firearm transferred to your local dealer. Most FFL dealers will perform FFL-to-FFL transfers, provided the buyer pays shipping and the final FFL dealer's handling fee. Of course, handling fees vary, I've seen them add anywhere from $25 (the least I've paid) to $50 (the most I've paid). Shipping generallyadds another$20-$30. For those additional costs, you could probably buy the gas and make the three-hour-drive, or the same firearm availablelocally may not seem so expensive.

[/blockquote]

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you want peace, prepare for war.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson
Team 44 BIG BUCKS GONE WILD

Be Careful on the advise your give this guy[:@]He seems to have an agenda from another post? JMO