Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

bear basin optics

Old 03-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default bear basin optics

has anyone ordered any scopes from here?If so are they dependable?
Also does anyone know anything about Pentax scopes [:-]
Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bear basin optics

I ordered a spotting scope from Bear Basin a few years ago. They were fine... I had absolutely zero issues. Their prices were competitive also. Regarding Pentax scopes, what are you looking for? They are fine, but so are a lot of others. What are you seeking in a scope (magnification range, 30mm vs. 1", reticle choice, FFP vs. SFP)? What are you hunting? How long are your typical shots?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Spike

another good one is Optics Planet note Leupold stop making VXIII so they are on sale!

Petax.......suggest if you are going to spend that kind money stick with Leupold or a Sig. Burris Scope.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/shop-by-brand.html
Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

they have the best prices I have found.I like the Sightron scopes.My question I found a Kahles for 650.00 Am i better off getting a bottom of the line Kahles or say a top of the line Sightron or Bushnell
Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even the Kahles KX (their bottom offering) is pretty darn good. I really like the Sightron Big Sky scopes though. Dollar for dollar, they are hard to beat. If you are a Leupold guy, I'd look at the new VX3. They made some improvements over the VXIII's. I recommend you check out S.W.F.A. (Google SWFA or Riflescopes Inc.) Check out their Sample List (refurbs, trade-ins or discontinued models) for great deals. They will price match and the folks are very friendly, knowledgable and their CS is top notch.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

I think Leupolds are overpriced,good scopes yes but not better than some and not as good as others.So far I like the Sightron SII big sky 4.5 X14X42 with HHR reticle.But agree I have heard the Kahles KX even has better glass than the Zeiss Conquests
Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Kahles CL which was a great scope. The only reason I sold it was the 3rd turret parallax adjustment. I don't care for them. The KX is a notch below that but still very good. Kahles seems to be undergoing some sort or reorganization or re-distribution effort so they are in limbo. I heard that scopes needing warranty work would have to be shipped back to Austria. That's not good IMO.