Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gunbroker

Old 03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gunbroker

I have bought two guns from Guns America. It worked out well both times. Both were with reputable gun dealers. One gun was a rifle I couldn't find locally and the other was a really good price. I would shy away from buying from individuals. I think 95% of people are honest, but if you happen to get that one dishonest person, it will make up for all the good deals. The dealer that receives the rifle and charges the FFL fee shouldn't be charging sales tax.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Spike

I have used Gun Broker many times, so far no problems. I have bought brand new rifles at great prices, many are from Gun shops the are getting rid of inventory-----recently bought a brand new browning .325 for $475.00-----Sako 75 SS 7MM ULTRA MAG $649.00-----Marlin .450 $300(this was a private person who won this gun on a raffle)-----browning 375 H&H & 338 Stainless with Boss--both for---$1300.00. there are a few more. Just take your time and visit the site every day, and check the sellers feed back----deals are there is you look.

good luck
Old 03-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like gunbroker. I've had my mind set on three different guns here in the last three years and bought two of them on gunbroker. The first was a tikka t3 7mm rem mag and I found it on there for about $150 less than shops around here. Then just today I bought a NIBrock river AR for just above the retail price and it's being shipped tomorrow. The gun dealers around here said it could take them a year to get one from the factory...so, so far it's worked out great. The other gun I found by calling my local Cabelas (2 hours away..lol) and asking them to search their used gun database. They found 1 gun that matched exactly what I wanted (nef handi rifle in .22 hornet) in their used gun database from another store and had it shipped to the nearest one. That really surprised me that their databasewas that accesible for all used guns in cabelas' everywhere...I'd recommend that route too if one is looking.

As for my local dealers, unfortunately there isn't much of one locally (since the only goodlocal sporting good store shut down about 1.5 years ago), and I have never been that impressed withany of their customer service. I'd rather just figure out what I want (and get some serious expert advice around here...on occasion) then go find it and have it sent to me.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Partial update to my fist gunbroker experience:

The Remington LSS I bought has been paid, FFL has been faxed to shipper and the gun has been shipped UPS. Should get it Friday.

I also bought a NIB stripped Rock River Arms AR-15 lower receiver from a dealer in Nebraska off Gunbroker for $175. This is $5 over MSRP for the stripped RRA lower, but with the run on them I'm amazed I found one at all, so this price is a bargain. I'm seeing AR's going to 10-30% over MSRP right now and dealers and manufacturers still can't keep up. I wanted to get one before the AWB comes back (and I think that it IS coming, not right now, but soon) so I can (HOPEFULLY) be grandfathered in. The lower is also paid for and should be shipped soon.

Will update again when I get the guns.

Mike

Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Update,

The Remington is HERE!

I picked it up this morning from my dealer. I will say that the transaction went very smoothly, and was easier than I anticipated. I expected there to be more hassle and red tape, but both the dealer I purchased it from (Frank's Guns in Marcy, NY, goes by "Foreverfree" on gunbroker), and my local dealer (Fin & Feather in Iowa City) made it a very smooth and easy process. The rifle is as advertised, NIB and in perfect condition. Frank's Guns even added some extra packing material to the factory shipping box to protect the rifle better, especially around the barrel and muzzle. It was a pleasant experience, and I'd buy from Gunbroker again.

Mike

Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have made a few purchases over the past 3 years and have had no problems with the site or sellers. It's a very good reference on gun value andexcellent place to find greatselectionsof hard to find or rarecollector firearms. In each case, I submitted offers to the seller and all were willing to work with me on price.