Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Should I buy?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default Should I buy?

I'm thinking about getting a Mosin Nagant. They are historically significant and I'd like to have a gun collection when I'm older. I've also heard they are decent rifles. They are cheap as crap and I can't think of a better place to start. Does anyone have one of these and can tell me about it.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should I buy?

You can't beat the price, and if you get one in good condition, they are fine shooters. I find that the trigger guard does a job on the second finger of my right hand, however........
Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have one - reliable and rugged as hell (don't use it for hunting though). Was given to me and I have been looking for a decent replacement stock. ATI makes a composite monte-carlo style one, but I would rather keep it as close to original as possible (its a fairly rare 1942 finnish/tikka version). Ammo is relatively easy to find (7.62 x 54R) and not too expensive.

There are several availble on GunBroker at the moment.

Check out the link below . . . best site I know:

http://7.62x54r.net/
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Spike

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I think I'm probably going to get it. If I get it it'll be from aim surplus. They have some former Soviet ones for only 70$!!! They also have ammo for cheap too. 800rds/150$ I think. Anyone know where to get it cheaper? Here's the website.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_7_62x54R_Mosin_Nagant.html