Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which Gun/Caliber Multiple choice

Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Which Gun/Caliber Multiple choice

I am in the market for a new rifle. I hunt Whitetails with the occasional hog. My shots will be from 10-400 yards. I want something that is accurate and light. I have listed the rifles I have been looking at. I believe which ever I choose I will go with Millet Mounts and rings and go with a vari X 3 Leupold 50mm. If you will, select the rifle and the caliber that you would choose out of what I have listed. Thanks..

PS any suggestions you may have I am open minded. Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Gun/Caliber Multiple choice

Also I already have a remington 700 243cal, however the trigger is so hard on it, I need to get an aftermarket trigger. My Remington 7600 (circa 1995) has alot better trigger.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't need to buy & install aftermarket trigger, all you have to do is adjust/have adjusted the factory trigger already on it. That would be cheaper than replacing complete trigger, while yielding same results. They purposely set triggers at factory too hard in hopes they won't get sued in case of accidental discharge.

ORIGINAL: killadoe
Also I already have a remington 700 243cal, however the trigger is so hard on it, I need to get an aftermarket trigger.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

You don't need to buy & install aftermarket trigger, all you have to do is adjust/have adjusted the factory trigger already on it. That would be cheaper than replacing complete trigger, while yielding same results. They purposely set triggers at factory too hard in hopes they won't get sued in case of accidental discharge.

Also I already have a remington 700 243cal, however the trigger is so hard on it, I need to get an aftermarket trigger.
I have tried I just cant get the back screw loose. It almost seems glued in there. I have used wd-40 and still cant get it.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

................Try a little acetone on a q-tip on that screw. Also, if you aren't familiar with the procedure, you may want to look at www.quarterbore.com and reference Rem. 700 Trigger. Another source is "remington crisp" on your browser.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

................Try a little acetone on a q-tip on that screw. Also, if you aren't familiar with the procedure, you may want to look at www.quarterbore.com and reference Rem. 700 Trigger. Another source is "remington crisp" on your browser.
Thanks for the advice Pa, I have read up on the remington crisp recipe, aswell as a few other websites. Thanks for the advice though, it is appreciated...
Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I have tried I just cant get the back screw loose. It almost seems glued in there. I have used wd-40 and still cant get it.
Do you have an new "X pro" trigger? I had the same problem trying to adjust the sear engagement(back screw) which is crucial to 700 trigger adjustment. I got rid of that gun!

Look into savage, they have just redesigned their syn. stocks for this year ,which was the only thing, I thought they needed to be perfect.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

i would buy xbolt in 7mm mag
Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Browning A-bolt Medallion 270 Win, Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40. Thats what I am going to purchase this spring, anyway. I hunt whitetails at the same distances as you will be, just no hogs.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:18 PM

I would buy the Rem 700 CDLSainless Fluted but in 300 WSM!

Quick Reply: Which Gun/Caliber Multiple choice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.