Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I am curious about your rifle triggers. Do you...

Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Default I am curious about your rifle triggers. Do you...

have the triggers adjusted on the rifles you buy or do you leave them the way they are when you purchase them?

If so what lbs do you have them adjusted too?

Do you replace them?

If so what type of trigger do you have put on them?

Do you have all your rifle triggers adjusted to have the exact same lbs pull?

For those that have the triggers replaced or adjusted when or what caused you to have your triggers adjusted?

How much more accurately can you shoot the rifles that you have had the triggers adjusted on verses those that you do not?

I guess I am wondering if it is just me or do you all also believe trigger pull has enormous value in shooting accurately and doing so consistently?[/align]
Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 PM

Default RE: I am curious about your rifle triggers. Do you...

If my guns need a trigger job, i usually have my gunsmith do it and i have him set it at 2.5 to 3 lbs. but i hear that there are some really good drop in triggers for various models of guns.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

This topic strikes me funny...

I have read a few articles about trigger pull, etc..
I have a few friends that talk about trigger pull, etc...
I have a few friends that have had their triggers worked on to pull at a specific "ideal" pull...
I've tried a few guns that have had the trigger customized to a certain pull...

My take is, people read to much in my eyes, I just buy a gun and shoot the fricken' thing.
If I can hold 2", consistently, @ 100 yards it's good to me, real simple.

I just kill deer with my guns, I don't need to hold sub inch groups and have a big head like my friends.
However, when we get talkin' about deer harvest numbers I usually pull out my tags and rattle them around, git's em everytime!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot mainly savages with the accutrigger. It is easily user adjustable with an adjustment tool down to 3lbs. It is a great trigger and the main reason I choose savage rifles.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really didn't think that trigger pull was a big deal till I started to shoot for groups. I was shooting 2'' groups out of my ruger till I had a gunsmith move mine down to 3# and my groups dropped to under 3/4''. I like the trigger at about 3.5# I want to feel the trigger under my finger so I can shoot with gloves if needed.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deerhunter61

have the triggers adjusted on the rifles you buy or do you leave them the way they are when you purchase them?

If so what lbs do you have them adjusted too?

Do you replace them?

If so what type of trigger do you have put on them?

Do you have all your rifle triggers adjusted to have the exact same lbs pull?

For those that have the triggers replaced or adjusted when or what caused you to have your triggers adjusted?

How much more accurately can you shoot the rifles that you have had the triggers adjusted on verses those that you do not?

I guess I am wondering if it is just me or do you all also believe trigger pull has enormous value in shooting accurately and doing so consistently?
[/align]
I had one rifle that had an awsome trigger, no creep and 2 lb pull, easy to shoot. My single shot is not so easy, I can shoot it, but damn its hard to do, thing feels like 7 lbs, havent put a scale on it yet, but thats what it feels like. I can get bullets to touch with it consecutively, but I have a lot of flyers. I think its a combo of factory ammo and trigger. I do want a trigger job on this gun just havent done it yet. I have had it four years and killed about 18 deer and hogs with it. All neck and head shots, none took a step, and havent wounded one. Its a .22 hornet
I guess what I am trying to say is you could give me any damn rifle and I will kill game effectively and consistently. and I rarely visit a range.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i recently did my own. it's now at around a 2# pull with no regrets.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

2.5-3 pounds. Helps tremendously with offhand shooting.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RugerM77.270

I really didn't think that trigger pull was a big deal till I started to shoot for groups. I was shooting 2'' groups out of my ruger till I had a gunsmith move mine down to 3# and my groups dropped to under 3/4''. I like the trigger at about 3.5# I want to feel the trigger under my finger so I can shoot with gloves if needed.
Maybe I strengthened my finger to super natural abilities by digging for all those boogers when I was a kid?!!!
That's why it never affected me pulling a heavier trigger.
Haha, sorry I had too!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a rifle that hasn't had the trigger worked. I set them all from 2.5-4#. Anyone who says a heavy trigger won't affect the ability to shoot accurately has never really tried it. There is a reason my competition rifle had a trigger pull meazured in ounces.

My favorite trigger is the set trigger on my CZ453 Varmint -- ounces. Not practical for hunting, but fun to shoot.

Quick Reply: I am curious about your rifle triggers. Do you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.