Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.22 WMR choice

Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: .22 WMR choice

i have a savage 93 in 22 wmr andthat thing is accuret 1 inch groups at 110 yards good gun
Bingo!!!!

Bought a left hand one last spring that i use to hunt hogs in a huge area that is restricted to rimfire rifles much of the year. That gun is very accurate: More accurate than many centerfire guns i have seen. The Accu-Trigger is superb.

Using the CCI FMJ 40 grain ammo it is sure death on hogs.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 PM

Default RE: .22 WMR choice

I shoot a Marlin 883SS w/ a Simmons 22 mag4x scope. Shoots 1 inch groups at 100 yards with no problems. Shoot the Winchester FMJ and they do great. This bullet has a true metal jacket and is not jst copper washed. Don't need the HP as these have great penetration and can take a hog in a head shot. Have a H&R ss1-882 single shot on order and looking forward to simplesidy of it. will mount a simmons master series 3x9 as the 4x is lacking but accurate. Have Simmons on my 22s but nothing else, note problem with simmons is that on my gunc 1/4 inch click may be 1/4 inch or 2 inches per click. Will hold accurate when set, but will have to experament with the click movement. I do not use CCI HP, volicity is increased by lighter bullet but not as accurati inmy guns. Win FMJ will quarter a small game within 100 yards.