Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mounting Scope Problem???HELP

Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mounting Scope Problem???HELP

I have a remington 700 cdl sf and i mounted it with a nikon scope. The problem is after i boresighted it i can see the gun barrell in the scope?? I dont think that is normal. its just in the bottom of the scope. I used the right mounts and rings. What is wrong or is this normaL?? mAYBE I BORESIGHTED IT WRONG. i havent shot it yet?? [:@]The gun has a long barrel. ANY help would be great
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mounting Scope Problem???HELP

ORIGINAL: mikepsu54

I have a remington 700 cdl sf and i mounted it with a nikon scope. The problem is after i boresighted it i can see the gun barrell in the scope?? I dont think that is normal. its just in the bottom of the scope. I used the right mounts and rings. What is wrong or is this normaL?? mAYBE I BORESIGHTED IT WRONG. i havent shot it yet?? [:@]The gun has a long barrel. ANY help would be great
Being able to see the barrel & front sight in the scopeis perfectly normal! IF you had a very low powered scope, such as a 2.5X, you could see the front end of the barrel quite distinctly! So don't sweat it! Boresighting has no impact whatsoever on what you see thru the scope! As long as you boresighted the scope and center of the bore on the same distant object, your first shot should be on paper somewhere! But fire your first few rounds at a target no more than 25-yards away, just to be sure where it is hitting!

Adjust at 25 so the bullet is hitting the point of aim, then move back to 100 to finalize your zero.....