Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

question about new rifle purchase

Old 04-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: question about new rifle purchase

eldeguello ,
yes , i have a .35 whelen , and i love that rifle but , i just wanted a ( new toy ) , and no , i don' t mean that i think of it as a play thing , just something that i really don' t need . but something that after working double shifts for 4 months straight i feel i can treat myself too. that' s all

bearhuntr,
sorry bud , but , after looking at the possibilities of how i can try reloading that puppy , including the 310 gr. bullets that ( i think sierra offers ) i couldn' t turn that performance down , and that was hard to do because i truly , truly love lever actions. i was talking to my dealer about getting one of the blr' s in .358 later in the fall though just to fill that niche in my personal .358 caliber arsenal fan club , as the .35 caliber is in my opinion the best caliber , and most overlooked , and underrated in firearms history

BTW-my dealer is selling the rifle to my for a exactly $ 300.00 dollars under suggested retail value , I THINK THAT' S PRETTY DAMN GOOD ,

james b ,
i have a blr lightning in .270 win. and i' ve never had any real trouble with mine , she works and handles ok , what problems have you had bud ???
Old 04-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda off topic but not too much since it concerns the 350 Rem Mag. Did they lengthen the magazine on the 673? I remember hearing that the magazine on the older models (was it the 660?) was a bit short and the heavier bullets had to be set back which took up case capacity, which in turn caused the 350 Rem Mag ballistics to appear more like the 35 Whelan and the 358 Win. I always thought the 350 would be an interesting cartridge in a custom rifle, but I am leaning more towards a 358 Win since I really like 308 Win based cartridges and you can get a 358 Win barel for a Savage 110.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

frizzellr ,
the rifle is based on the model seven action , so i' m not too sure about if it was lengthened from when it was in the 660 as i' ve never handled a 660 , what i was referring to is the possibility of working up loads using the newer propellants that they use in all of the new short mags , starting with minimal loads of course and working my way up from there , keeping an eye on the pressures naturally. that' s why i said the possibilities of trying to reload that puppy with those components , naturally if it' s still a short box you' d need to seat the bullets deeper but , with those newer propellants , it would still give it more power with those heavier bullets. something that i was thinking of giving a try , with caution as i said before

robert scott ,
i' m not sure when the rifle will be available but , i had heard a rumor that it would be in mid-year , but, i bought it anyway , i' m on a wait list. i' m willing to wait for it , kinda gives you something good to look forwards too. the rifle shells are also on a wait list and will be out at about the same time as the rifle. i' m told by my dealer that i' m the first to get one when the rifles come in , ( he' s ordering a couple as others had inquired but none actually purchased yet , so i get to choose which one i' ll take out of all the ones he recieves in on shipment , ha ha ha .)
you can view what the rifle looks like on the remington web site , and get a look at one by ordering thier new catalog , BTW- it looks similar to the 600/660 with the exception of a 22 " barrel. i like it but , i' ve been told by close friends and family that i' ve got strange tastes