Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Would you support a gun law that...?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Would you support a gun law that...?

Had the thought today, what if it were tougher to get a firearm, but once you did, it meant being able to carry, whenever, wherever, period, all 50 states. Would you support something along these lines?

By tougher I mean perhaps a psych test, or some reasonable qualifications, perhaps a gun course, just like a hunter safety course, or shooting course. Not forms where you'd need to hire a lawyer for $2000 just to fill them out correctly, and not some unreasonable tests, that you'd need a master's degree to pass. Just something to keep the crazies away.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you support stricter gun laws if...?

Hell no!!! Any restriction is an infringment on the 2nd ammendment and there are too many infringments on that already. We shouldn't have to have concealed carry permits in the first place.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I believe the ones we have are redundant and over written. Adding news ones will do nothing. Enforcing the current common sense ones we have is the best course.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

NO! Enforce the laws we have and that is ALL we will ever need!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

NO! Enforce the laws we have and that is ALL we will ever need!
X2
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 PM
DM

Default RE: Would you support a gun law that...?

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Had the thought today, what if it were tougher to get a firearm, but once you did, it meant being able to carry, whenever, wherever, period, all 50 states. Would you support something along these lines?
"If" that's the kind of thoughts you are having,you better go reread the 2nd amendment... (or maybe read it for the first time?)

DM
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can't add anything to all of the above.

It's already a pain in the ass to buy a gun. I could go buy crack easier than buying a gun and the gun is a perfectly legal piece of merchandise and one that is a guaranteed right to all American citizens.

Sad isn't it?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

yes it is... And no, I already carry any way most of the time. No infringements on my rights!!!
-Jake
Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will support NO more gun laws. Pass more gun laws?? For what?? The ones that are currently in place are MORE than enough already. I just totally fail to understand how passing more laws ever kept the hardened criminal from doing what he wanted anyhow, with or without a "law".
Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO WAY!!!!!!! What you are overlooking is the simple facts that
#1-where would these funds come from for the "psych" test? would they be paid for directly by the buyer,some of which can't afford them,or by adding another tax on guns?
#2-97% of the "mass" shootings happen with someone with NO prior history (not enough to legally deny them) of mental problems-you can't spot somebody that's going to snap BEFORE they actually do it in almost all cases (especially within "reasonable waiting/background check time alotted)
#3-what degree of mental incompetence would the breakpoint be? Seeing as psycological issues are a VERY inconsistant science
#4-WHO would determine the profiency of said applicant? Look at NY,Mass,chicago,and other locales where sometimes it's almost impossible to obtain a permit NOW-much less if they had more power to deny permits
#6-under current regulations,almost EVERY ccw license (state) requires a class already
#7-don't you think there's enough regulations/laws now to where NO government agency can possibly enforce EVERY law to the degree on EVERY SINGLE firearm purchase where no one would "slip thru the cracks" without having an ungodly waiting period and matching background check cost?
#8-just the act of doing so would result in more lives being lost of people that have a legimate need to obtain a firearm for defense right away
#9-HOW IN THE WORLD would enacting MORE laws POSSIBLY affect criminals or someone that otherwise can't legally obtain a firearm NOW that don't even think about bothering to abide in the law-why do you think they're criminals in the FIRST PLACE?
#10-having been a long time FFL holder,I've seen LOTS of instances thet even tho it was 100% legal to sell an individual a firearm,I reserved my right of refusing to serve them,seen people quickly leave my shop when I required them to fill neccesary paperwork,informed them that I would have to "run" the serial # before purchasing a firearm from them,STILL attempt to buy a firearm even tho they were clearly not legally entitled to do so,and MANY other observations where increased laws wouldn't have made ANY difference
#11-how would that help law abiding citizens ANY at all???
Get my drift YET??????? I'd be delighted to responsibly discuss this at further length in order to enlighten you-respectfully of course Neil
Please inform me if you think I'm incorrect or disrespectful in any way

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

By tougher I mean perhaps a psych test, or some reasonable qualifications, perhaps a gun course, just like a hunter safety course, or shooting course. Not forms where you'd need to hire a lawyer for $2000 just to fill them out correctly, and not some unreasonable tests, that you'd need a master's degree to pass. Just something to keep the crazies away.

Quick Reply: Would you support a gun law that...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.