Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what do you use a 9mm rifle for?

Old 03-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: what do you use a 9mm rifle for?

With night sights or laser sight, they are a great little home defense gun. They pack quite a bit more punch than a 9mm pistol round. They are cheap to shoot and fun to hunt small game with. That said I feei it is not a good one shot stopper for self defense and a great many police departments have gone to the 40 S&W. also quite a few departments are even going back to the 45 auto. In my opinion the later is the best Auto loader for defense. The top gun still is the 357 revolver. Next in line I feel is the 44 special and 45 long colt rounds. At the range or target shooting the autos are ok and fun to shoot but when your life depends on it and you may have to shoot from a poor position or limp wristed, those autos can and will let you down.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

You mean 9mm Parabellum?? Or 9X57mm?? Or 9X63mm??
Old 03-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

One guy I used to hunt with used to use one to hunt deer---crossing signs!! He said he didn' t know any other reason to use it, but just couldn' t come to sell it.

Another buddy of mine has one now, he uses it mostly for rabbits and other small game (shotshells work pretty well for sqrls) he' s used it on coyotes a bit too, but I wouldn' t recommend it, we get ours extra close around here, they don' t know man, so they don' t fear us, especially when we rub rabbit guts on our coveralls. They are a blast to shoot, but when I buy another carbine, I' ll be getting another kel-tec folding carbine, like p-2000 or something? A guy can buy it in .40S&W for a bit extra stank, and it folds up to be a whole lot more storable in a car/truck (my old one would fit in my glove box in my truck.