Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

request help for cva muzzleloader

Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Default request help for cva muzzleloader

i barely know anything about muzzleloaders and i have a cva in-line buckhorn .50cal. i got the supplies for it except i bought the wrong size sabo for the .50cal hallow pointed bullets i bought. i heard of traditional ways of using cloth so i try that but the bullet would not go in the barrel with the cloth under it. so i think with the cloth that is thinner than a sabo, how would i be able to put in a larger sabo. another thing, when i just put the bullet in by itself, i notice it doesn't go all the way on the bottom of barrel, it stop at about 2, 21/2 inches above the bottom of barrel. any suggestions?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: request help for cva muzzleloader

I agree. I also learned in the hunting safety class I took that if you get air under the bullet or pellets or anything as you don't have them all pressed tight together that it can explode the barrel. That made me cautious even after knowing how to shoot one. I was just paranoid after them telling us that. I highly recommend that you have someone whom knows what they are doing show you how to properly use it.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Repost over in the blackpowder section and they are a great bunch of guys.I'm sure they can advise you.........................Harold
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

To begin with,take breechplug out and remove the whole mess from breech end,then PLEASE go to an experienced muzzleloader guy and have him show you-in fact-just let him remove it,then buy the correct bullets/sabots/powder/primers and load EXACTLY the way they teach you. Don't wait very long to do it either as unburned powder still attracts moisture and will rust your gun if left loaded for a long time.