Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Iver Johnson guns, little help?

Old 03-26-2003, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Iver Johnson guns, little help?

I have an old .410 single shot shotgun " champion" that was made by Iver Johnson, it' s not worth anything to anyone because it' s in such disrepair, but it' s worth a heck of a lot to me, it' s a family heirloom, handed down from my great grandfather and all. It' s stamped that it was patented June 15, 15, I' m not sure what this means, I really didn' t think it meant 1915, but I suppose it' s possible since my grandpa claimed that his father bought it when he was a young man? I know Iver did weapons before WWII, so I' m not doubting that this was patented then, I' d just like to know how long that production ran and whatnot.

I' m looking for a few parts for it, since I' m getting tired of shooting it without a forend (the retainer piece is missing from the forend) and I' d like to have a new hammer for it just to have (it' s broken but I like it that way because no one that isn' t old enough to know how to handle it can cock it). Any information at all would be appreciated, even if it is only to confirm the dates.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Iver Johnson guns, little help?

Parts for your Champion can be found at numrich arms. Just do a search
in Yahoo or some other search engine and you should be able to find it.
Easy people to deal with and they have probably the largest gun parts store in the world.