Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester Model 100's with consecutive serial numbers

Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM

Default Winchester Model 100's with consecutive serial numbers

My grandpa and great-grandpa have 2 Model 100's with consecutive serial numbers. We had them out the other day just looking at them and wiping them down. My grandpa said they would never be sold while he still had them. My dad, uncle,brother, and myself all agreed that they wouldnever leaveour family, but we would alllike to know how much they were worth. If anyboby could tell me how much they are worth or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I know about how much a Model 100 is worth, but I'm wondering if the uniqueness of having them with consecutive serial numbers makes them more valuable.

Here's some things I know about them:

Excellent condition all around. They have taken very good care of them.
I'm not real real sure how old they are. ( Is the theModel 100's thathave something to do with pre-64 oris that another model?)
IfI were to guess, I would say theywere bought in the mid to late 60's. They both have a good many guns that are around those year models.
I can't remember the serial numbers off the top of my head. I just know they are consecutive.

I'll see if I can get the serial numbers wrote down when I go back over to his house.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Default RE: Winchester Model 100's with consecutive serial numbers

First i wouldnt post the actual serial numbers. If the serial number is 6489368 then post something like 64XXX68 if you do post them. I would say it would help the price of them if you find the right person that collects things like that.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM

I know not to post serial numbers of anything on the internet. I figured that they would be worth what the actual guns are worth plus the amount that someone would be willing to pay for the uniqueness of them having consecutive SN's.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

I owned a Win. Mod. 100 semi auto 308 cal. I didn't think they were made before 1964. I could be wrong.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

If they were sold as a "matched pair" to a Winchester collector there's no doubt that they would be worth more than two other Model 100's that are identical to them in condition and features, but which have non-consecutive numbers. But to find out how much more they'd be worth, you need to talk to several realWinchester collectors.

As far as I know, the Model 100's have very little collector interest. You'd be far better off with a matched pair of pre-64 Model 70's, or a matched pair of Colt single-action revolvers!

As for the significance of 1964 in the history of Winchester firearms, in 1964 the company decided to make every model they retained in the lineup as cheaply as possible. So everything made after 1964 has a lot of stamped parts,some parts in which plastic or aluminum replaced steel, and stamped or pressed checkering replacing cut checkering.....
Old 10-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a guess but about 1500-2000 for the set. Around here a good condition Model 100 brings 600+ anymore. If one is a 284 the price will go up a bit, at least around here....