Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walmart Remington 770

Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Walmart Remington 770

I thot the 710 was shame of Remmmy and the 770 was waymobetta.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Savage or stevens good rifle
Old 10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

I would go to a reputable gun dealer and buy a used gun before I would buy a combo deal.The scopes are usually worth the aluminium that the tubes are made of.You can get a used model 700 and a used nikon or leupold or bushnell elite or something.And if you are not set on a remington a savage,winchester,ruger or many others can be found at a good gun shop.Just check out the chamber and bore for pitting or rust,if it has neither and appears in good shape it should shoot good.I picked up my favorite deer rifle ever for $300 at a local gun shop,Rem. 700 in 30-06 good stock a few scratches,good blueing,shiny bore and good trigger shoots MOA with corelocs 150grains.It and the nikon scope cost less than $440 all total.I have seen the older model788 for around $250 I have one of these in 308 and it is a very good gun.Just look around at different places and dont expect to get a good scope on a combo.I haven't had any exp. with the 710 or 770 but I haven't read very much good about them,I dont know what remington was thinking other than a package deal that was inexpensive to the customer no matter what the quality.I have heard a few good reveiws about the new marlin bolt action rifles.you might want to check them out.GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM

+1 coyote, When it comes to hunting you can buy garbage like the model 710/770 and get garbage like results, or you can put out theextra money and pay $470 for the remington model 700 and $300 for the Leupold var x II 3x9x40 and have an excellent hunting rifle that will last you the rest of your life.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

I don't know what that scope is, but I doubt that it could be of lower quality than that rifle.

Save your money, and buy aRemington Model 7, Model 700, or better yet, get one of the new Winchester Modle 70's.
Ditto on the Win Mod 70!

Tom
Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buying a 770 and worried about the quality of the scope? Go to a gun shop - support them so they'll be there when you need 'em. Walmart sure won't care later on.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

Buying a 770 and worried about the quality of the scope? Go to a gun shop - support them so they'll be there when you need 'em. Walmart sure won't care later on.
I tried to support my local gun shop 2 times by paying more each time than I should have and both times had bad dealings with them. The 2nd time the Rifle I couldn't find elsewhere but I over payed on the scope. Ended up having problems with the scope 6months later and they said they would take care of it. When it came back from Leupold tried to charge me shipping fee's that they hadn't told me about upfront. After trying to get them to drop the fee's I finally said fine I will pay them and just wont ever shop their again. I had asked to talk to the other owner whom wasn't there right at that time. I ended up getting a message left to call him on his cell. When I did and explained what happend I get to hear him cuss at me. That is basically the short version of the story but I wish I had never bought anything from them and don't plan to again.

I would have been way better off buying from Wal-Mart and saving a fair bit of money and I would have gotten better support to. I've never had a owner of a Wal-mart store start cussing at me and or had a store try to charge me fee's they didn't tell me about upfront either. After that experience I will deal with other gun shops if they have resonable prices but I'm going with whoever is the cheapest as clearly paying extra didn't get me anything.

I also had a shotgun I paid more for from them as Wal-Mart had it in Cammo and I wanted it in wood. The cammo version at Wal-mart was like $70 cheaper than the wood one I got if I remember correctly and the cammo was more than the wood at the gun shop. Anyway, it never has been right always jams a lot and when I took it in for them to look at it they didn't really do anything told me they cleaned it a little and didn't see a problem. I just have had bad dealings everytime I've bought anything major from them. So not only did I pay a premium I got worse service than Wal-Mart. From now on I go with whoever is the cheapest.

I have since found a gun shop I really do like though.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to say, the second you walk out of a Wal mart with a gun it is...........CCCCCCccccya Later

Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have since found a gun shop I really do like though.
Found a good shop = SEEYA to WalMart. A loyal customer to WM is a #, while a loyal customer to the small gun shop is a customer and later a friend.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hometheaterman-are you SURE leupold actually charged return shipping and the crooks at the shop wasn't tryin to rob you? I've sent 3 leupolds back over the years and not once did I ever have to pay return shipping. Wonder why you had to send it back to begin with? I'm sorry you had a bad experience with buttholes. They orta be dragged behind a horse for cussing you like that. Trust me when I say that MOST of us ain't like that. Wal-mart sells the cheapest crap they can and if the customer don't like it-tough. Also,and I found this DIRECTLY from the horse's mouth,(from 1 unnamed gun manufacturer rep)that when theyhave a wal-mart "run",they run nothing else but wal-mart stuff during that time,and quality control goes down several percentage points. What that means is that you could luck out and get a good 1,but they let minor cosmetic flaws out that they otherwise wouldn't.

Quick Reply: Walmart Remington 770

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.