Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I need an easy good way to cook deer steak!

Old 03-20-2003, 05:31 PM

Default I need an easy good way to cook deer steak!

Needs to be easy and good. I do a great roast and stew meat and burger and jerky, but I never know what to do with steaks. Help!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need an easy good way to cook deer steak!

I marinate mine in soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic powder for about 20 min. Then I either grill, broil or fry hot and quickly. If you like your steaks well done, You' re SOL. They' ll be tough. If you like them rare or medium rare, there' ll be no better eating. If there is any question, my wife used to be a vegetarian, now she' ll only eat venison.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Wingbone do you deliver?

Try a dry marinade ( a mix of spices of your liking rubbed onto the steak ( both sides)) then grill
Old 03-20-2003, 06:25 PM

Me and my brothers usually maranade the venison in italian salad dressing. The other night we used a type of tangy southwestern type of sause to maranade it in. Then put it on the grill and its good eatin' . You can also try a good bbq sause to maranade.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:36 PM

go to http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/...cipe.htm#style
Old 03-20-2003, 06:50 PM

www.justgamerecipes.com

i like it with alittle bacon and onions. cook that up and use the grease to cook the steak. but i mostly use it for the heart .
Old 03-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The secret to cooking good deer steaks is that it has to be cooked quickly as Wingbone mentioned
Old 03-20-2003, 09:51 PM

You have got to tenderize it. preparation is critical!
soak it in ice water for three to five days . drain the water and addd ice daily. prior to processing.

i put six in the freezer this year and eat it all.
steak my favorite way is soak in milk , dip in seasoned flour and fry hot. just like cube steak ..

sometimes we fry it about halfway done and then put it in a crock pot in mushroom gravy or other gravy . cook it slow all day . cut it with a fork!!!!

Old 03-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually rinse the meat with cold water, sprinkle meat tenderizer and fresh ground peper on the steak, then stab the steak repeatly with a fork (or some type of implement of distruction ), and let sit for at least 1.5 hrs. I make sure the cast iron skillet is hot, add olive oil and smashed garlic, sear steak on both sides, and then fry slowly till blood justs stops comming out. You may make a gravy if you wish. Good luck.

Quick Reply: I need an easy good way to cook deer steak!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.