Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Please choose between these two rifles!

Old 03-14-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Please choose between these two rifles!

One more time. I decided I can' t deal with the Marlin NM mag hanging down that far. So the choice is between:

Marlin 83 TS synthetic stock, blued barrel. Think 25NM with a synthetic stock and a 12 shot tube mag. $178 out the door. Gives me the synthetic stock that I really want and no clip hanging down. I can live with a tube mag, they aren' t all that bad.

Savage 93F synthetic stock, blued barrel clip mag 5 shot $146 out the door.

Although I will probably get the one I get at walmart so the price difference shrinks to $28.. $149 or $177 plus tax..

Thanks! Sorry about all the posts!! This is tough. They are pretty close. The savage has a straight comb and the Marlin is a monte Carlo style which I kind of like better. Slower for quick shots but feels more secure and steady to me.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please choose between these two rifles!

CLearanceman...Personally, I' d go with the Marlin. There' s not a darn thing wrong with the Savage...but I just like the feel of the bolt better on the Marlin.

BTW...How are things in Mo' town? Haven' t been back since I graduated from WVU in 1993.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:00 PM

Default RE: Please choose between these two rifles!

Cool! You ok with the tube mag? Motown is nice. Great place to live if you have a good job. It' s funny because there was a book that came out rating the top 300 small cities in america. The first time it came out, Morgantown was #24. The second time it came out it was #3. Last time it was #1.. Pretty wild..