Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Please vote between these two guns!

Old 03-14-2003, 12:38 PM

Default Please vote between these two guns!

Ok, I need a cheap 22 mag bolt action. I have narrowed the choices to the following two guns. If you own either of these please let me know what you think of it, anything nice, any serious problems (ie gun test magazine said they cut themselves twice on the mag release for the savage in .17 cal, if you have one, did you ever cut yourself on the mag release?).

Marlin NM 25 Blued barrel, birch stock.. 7 shot clip mag. I can get it for $167 including tax

Savage 93F Blued barrel, synthetic stock. 5 shot clip mag. I can get it for $146 including tax

Which one would you choose and why? Thanks!!!!

Old 03-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default RE: Please vote between these two guns!

I' d go with the Marlin. I' ve had one for around 15 years. It is very accurate. The only complaint I have is that the trigger is too heavy, crisp, but heavy.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:15 PM

I' ve got a savage 22 now and like its accuracy and looks.I would go with the savage myself.

woods
Old 03-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Marlin will probably operate and shoot better. Savage may be more comfortable when shouldering. My Marlin' s have been VERY accurate but I have no experience with Savage .22' s
Old 03-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t know about the Savage, I' m sure it would be a good choice. They make great guns!
The Marlin would be my choice, they make some really great shooting .22' s!
Old 03-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Marlin...
Old 03-15-2003, 11:58 AM

Jack, I might get the 83TS which is $12 more than the NM but has a sythetic stock and a 12 shot tube mag so you don' t have to deal with that mag hanging down on the NM. Would you still pick the 83TS over the Savage? It is the same as the NM other than the differences I mentioned.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have the marlin but in 22lr....shoots great....get a trigger job if you need it to be more accurate...even without one at 50ft i can cover my group with a dime all the time....ive shot 1000s of rounds through it...only thing that happend was a screw in the bolt stripped and i had to get it put back in...no big deal....and it was probally my fault...when the shells wouldnt want to go in once in a while i would force the bolt to push them in.....great gun for the money i think...the trigger is fine i didnt have mine done yet but it is pretty stiff...it works though...
Old 03-15-2003, 04:29 PM

Mauser, do you have the tube mag? If so, what do you think of it? Do you think it would be ok, I would like to get the 83TS over the 25 NM.. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Marlin. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.