Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

glock armorer' s tool?

Old 03-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default glock armorer' s tool?

what is a glock armorer' s tool? i' ve read some articles about the glock pistols where they have made mention of this tool but no explaination. i just finished cleaning a glock23 that i borrowed from a friend and i didn' t need a tool to feild strip it in order to clean it. is this tool needed for older glocks or for disassembleing the frame or slide further than needed for general cleaning and maintenance? i don' t have the manual with me but i was curious about this tool. this is the only mention of it that i could find on the glock web site........................

Simplicity

GLOCKs have about 50% fewer components than conventional handguns of these calibers. The GLOCK 17, for example, has only 33 parts. A couple of pins. No screws. So there are fewer parts to break. And you can break down and reassemble any GLOCK pistol with one simple tool. That' s all there is to it.

Old 03-13-2003, 09:47 PM

Default RE: glock armorer' s tool?

The Glock Armorers tool can only be had if you go to their school. Basically, it is a 3" steel punch with the handle made out of the same thing that Glocks are made out of. If you would like a picture of it, just post ur email and Ill get you a pic of mine. Really it is nothing special, just a fancy word.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

thanks. i' ve seen pictures of it before but i have always wondered what it was used for. i assume that it is used for removing pins in the frame in order to remove/replace the trigger and springs.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:33 PM

here ya' go for $8.00....

http://glockmeister.com/catalog/defa...a73541e3e8fd57

also carry about everything else you need for your Glock. I' ve dealt with them a good bit and their good people to deal with.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:20 AM

yup used the same way as your punch to punch out the pins. These guns are too easy to work on. 30 second trigger job, hehe I love it!