Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Remington 700 VLS .308 SOLD Pending Funds

Old 08-24-2008, 01:13 PM
MagnumMan308

Default Remington 700 VLS .308 SOLD Pending Funds

For sale is my customized Remington 700 VLS .308 Winchester rifle, and accessories. I purchased the rifle new in 2004, and had it professionally Glass/Aluminum Pillar bedded, Free-Floated, and had a Shilen adjustable trigger installed, and adjusted to a no creep, no overtravel 2.5lbs.

The scope included is a Bushnell/Browning 8-24x40. This scope is basically a hybrid 3200/4200, built to the same specs, in the same plant, and it carries the Bushnell lifetime warranty. It is exceptionally clear, has a Mil-Dot reticle, and 1/4moa adjustments. It is mounted in Weaver Brand ring attached toBurris TacticalSteel Weaver/Picatinny Bases. The scope setup is easily detachable, and it returns to within 1/2" of its initial POI after removal. I have tested this several times, being that I used the rifle as a 2-scope setup, the other scope bing a Leatherwood ART.

Also included are reloading dies, and some new and used brass. I only use Lapua in this rifle, and I am including a box of 50 unused pieces, and a box with 50 pieces that have been fired 3 times. The dies are a Redding Neck sizer, and a Forster Bench Rest grade seater with a moving 'chamber' for better loaded round concentricity.

Accuracy wise, this rifle is phenomenal. I load 42 grains of Varget under a Sierra 168gr Match King seated to the lands, and a Federal Gold Medal Match primer, and the rifle is an honest to God half inch rifle, I have shot groups (5 rounds) as small as .2 CTC. The bore is smooth having been broken in properly, it doesn't copper foul to any great extent. I normally clean with just Butches Bore Shine/Kroil and a plastic brush. This rifle has always been properly cared for, I use bore guides and Dewey rods. The bore of the rifle has seen less than 800slow-fire rounds.

As you can probably tell, this rifle has been my sweetheart for the last four years, I have alot of time and money invested in it, and it is a shooting fool. Unfortunately, we all move on to different things eventually, and I am a college student/gunnut who is short on change, so I am selling it to fund other endeavors. I hope this rifle goes to someone who cares for it, and appreciates it as much as I did. As you will see in the pictures, the rifle and accessories are in gorgeous, like new condition.

Price, for everything you see, is a flat$815,shipped viaUSPS priority mail (who I've had great luck shipping longguns with)to your FFL, as per the law, I will require a signed copy of your dealers FFL to be sent or faxed to me before shipping. I deal inmoney orders only.

Please PM me if interested.

5 Shots, Cold Bore at 100Yds with mentioned load.

3 Shots, Warm Bore, 100Yds

3 Shots, Warm Bore, 100Yds

Old 08-25-2008, 09:13 AM
MagnumMan308

Default RE: Remington 700 VLS .308Win, Scope, Reloading Supplies, FANTASTIC SHOOTER

Just to clear up any confusion. The price includes shipping and packaging, and will ship in 2 different packages, USPS Priority, Insured and delivery confirmation. One containing the accessories and scope will be sent to your residence, the other containing the rifle will be sent to your ffl dealer.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
MagnumMan308

Default RE: Remington 700 VLS .308Win, Scope, Reloading Supplies, FANTASTIC SHOOTER

I have had some PM interest in purchasing the rifle without the accessories. I am willing to sell the rifle alone for $610 Shipped to your FFL dealer.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

What about rifle with scope only? You can shoot me a PM if you like.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
MagnumMan308

$750 would take the just the scoped rifle Motown. The Shipping is included on both of course.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:21 PM
MagnumMan308

fast trip back to the top

Old 08-30-2008, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the "SOLD" pending funds.BUT if the funds do not come through I will buy it.......Alton