Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tasco & BSA scopes

Old 03-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tasco & BSA scopes

Has anyone had any good experiences with either tasco or bsa scopes? Seems after buying my new gun, those are the only scopes in my price range. I hear they suck. But it only has to hold up to light duity for a season or two. I wish my gun had sights on it, I' d shoot those until I could get a bushnell.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:57 PM

Default RE: Tasco & BSA scopes

I had a Tasco a few years ago and it wasn' t very well made I had to have it replaced twice. The cross hairs came out both times. If you are interested I have a Redfield Illuminator for sale. I don' t know if that helps as far as price though. I would hold out on a cheaper scope or try to find a quality used one.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Buying a Tasco is like flushing $$$ down the drain...use iron sights till you can afford something decent. Even a 4X Leupold VXI will be 10X better.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

What about this if money is really tight, buy the rings and bases, then move over one of your existing scopes for the season or two. Your going to need the mounts anyway and you might as well save the 100 bucks and put it towards something you want and will last. I know it is a hassle but a scope that doesn' t hold zero is too!

I bought a 7600 with a tasco and he never made it out for a season. It would not hold zero, adjustments were in feet i' m sure not 1/4" . Another gun I picked up used had a 4 power fixed tasco, I thought it would be ok on the ml for the summer...second time to the range the hairs broke. So 2 -" Trashco' s" was enough for me to say no thanks. I have onbly heard BSA info on hear and it wasn' t all negative but a lot was.

Try ebay for a bushnell or Baush and Lomb 3000 Elite. It has been replaced by the 3200, however same scope no raingaurd is the difference.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:02 PM

Kodiak, I think if you are going to buy a tasco, get a fixed power. From what I have heard the bsa is worse junk than anything. A friend of mine bought his son a straight 4x 40 tasco about ten years ago and he is still using it. The variables tend to distort worse as you go up on the magnification. I think you always get more for your money in a fixed power scope anyway. The zoom capability is alot of what you pay for in any scope. Did yall kill any big deer down around Luthersville last year?
Old 03-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both aren' t anything to write home about. You would be better off buying a quality used scope over these you mentioned.Simmons aren' t much better if any at all.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I bought a (old but in great shape) used Bushnell sportview 3.5x10x45 wide angle waterproof. It' s as clear as a bell and I know it works because I know the person who used to have it and I' ve seen the scope in action. $50.00 is more than I wanted to spend, but if it doesn' t fit my gun, I can get my money back for it.

I almost bought a 4 power tasco, but thought I had better stick with a better brand.

I would of just shot iron sights, but my gun doesn' t have them. And since I have no other scopes, I couldn' t just stick on an old one.

Larry338, Yes I killed 5 last season in Luthersville. One doe with my bow, 3 with my 06 one was a big 4x2 buck, and one with a shotgun and rifled slug. Only saw one big buck and he was always out of range or running. Folks in my club in heard county got about 15, most of which were average bucks and one big' un. How about you?

Old 03-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger,I' ve used simmons for years and I' ve never had a problem. But I may have been lucky.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

kodiak...I agree with the others. Don' t spend your money on those.

How much do you have to spend? My first choice would be a Leupold, but if you don' t have that much....maybe look at Sightron. You can get a nice one for $150-$200. I personally don' t have one, but the couple folks that I know that do, like them alot. I' m actually looking at getting one for my m/l this year. I just can' t afford a loopy for it, but at the same time, no way I' m gonna spend any money on total junk. Just a thought.

Well...I guess you can ignore me...we were posting at the same time. Good luck with your scope.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I wanted to spend like 30 bucks. But I ended up paying 50. I would of been happy with iron sights my gun doesn' t have them. As implied above, you can only get junk for about 30 dollars, the tasco has a bad rep, and BSA has plastic lenses. Both are made in Japan, my new (old used) bushnell was made in Korea (and you know how much they know about deer gun scopes). At least it wasn' t made in France.

So far I' m happy with my new bushnell sportview, when my new gun comes in I' ll tell ya' ll if it fits.

Quick Reply: Tasco & BSA scopes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.