Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

WTB .243

Old 08-08-2008, 07:31 PM

Default RE: WTB .243

It would appear that you can buy a new Henry Lever .22 for 245.00 - 250.00 $.

Depending onthe length and depth ( severity ) of the scratch, a used one should bring 150 - 175.00 roughly.

The scope is hardly ever given any value in a sale, but depending on the Model of scope and its condition, you might get 10.00 to 20.00 more out of it. It is really hard to place a value on something , unseen, so take this valuation with a grain of salt. It might bring this much and it might not. Some folks want to save any money they can, and some folks will just spend a few more $$$ and get a new gun.

Caseand point .... I have been wanting a nice Browning BL - 22 ( lever action ). I found some used for 250 - 300 $$. They were in decent shape. A new one costs ( depending on the model ) about 440.00 to start and goes up from there ( depending on the model ). I looked hard and found one on www.gunbroker.com in like new condition for 349.00. I then had to pay shipping of 25.00, and a fee of 20.00 to my FFL to receive the gun. Thats 394.00 total. I could have bought a new one for 449 + tax, which is 483.00 , but I found one like new for 394.00. I only saved 89.00 buying used, but I did save 89.00 on a like new gun.... It's all in the threshhold of the buyer.........

BTW ... My used one did come in the original box and with the original owners manual.... that does add value in most sales of higher end guns.

Good Luck, I hope I have helped you.

God Bless

Michael