Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 03-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-08-2003, 11:50 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Kimber Centerfire Rifles???

I' ve heard they' re pretty good shootin' irons, but I' m holding back until they come out with an all-stainless version with a premium synthetic stock (like Mc Millan). Would also prefer iron sights (in case the scope goes out), but I can always put those on later.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

I' ve never owned one Robert, but I have had the pleasure of using two. They are beautiful rifles and very well-made. The people who own them absolutely love them.

I have never heard an ill opinion of them, but if there is one, you' re sure to find someone on this forum who has had a problem with a Kimber.

If you want my opinion, I' d buy a Kimber without hesitation if it fits you and you like it. Don' t know what you' ll be using it for in Montana, but for deer, antelope and the occasional elk, I' d go with the 7mm/08 or the .270 WSM. If it' s an elk rifle, then any of the WSMs or the .308 will serve you well.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

I don' t honestly know if I can handle the recoil of a .338-06 in a rifle that light. I' d like to get one, though. Just don' t know if I can talk my wife into it after the drift boat.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:31 AM

The Kimber is a big step up from the other rifles you mentioned.
The short action .308 is a light weight rifle.
This year they are coming out with a stainless rifle in the long action calibers.
I know it is available in the 300wsm but don' t know about any other calibers which may be available.
If I had the cash I would buy one in a second. For the money either the lightweight or the stainless rifle would be quite a value.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

What part of Montana are you in, Robert? I might stop by the shop and take a look at those Ultralights when I come through this summer. [8D]
Old 03-12-2003, 03:24 AM

this might be a stupid question..

but who makes kimber? is it made in the U.S.A.? i did see a nice write up about the compact kimber 84 in one of the magazines in the past month.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:06 AM

Quilly, kimber of america makes the kimber rifles. Their production plant is based in NY I have to say that they are sweet shooting rifles, at least the one I bought for my wife is, she has the 84m in 308 and with 165 gr ammo I havent seen anything get away from her. The barrels, trigger, and chamber are all match grade. And it is lite weight 5 and a quarter pounds. THEIR WEBSITE is WWW. KIMBEROF AMERICA.COM which is currently under construction. hope this was some help. DAKOTA NUT 5.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.