Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Marlin 1895 Forearm

Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
bigcountry

Default Marlin 1895 Forearm

I have a 1895 guide gun 45-70. It has always sprayed bullets when try to get some serious horsepower out of them. I am trying to get the forearm off. I have a feeling thats my problem. I take out the 2 small screws holding the forearm cap on. But this thing barely moves. Is it pressure fitted to the action?

anyone take one off. Its so tight, I have a feeling its putting alot of pressure on teh barrel/tube.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Marlin 1895 Forearm

Should be snug but not overly snug
Old 07-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

bc... My 1895 shot sooooo good with factory ammo. I'm gonna start to get some power behind it with handloads. If it develops the same thing as yours, I'm definitely going to look for the problem, if I have one.
Seems to me that we talked about factory ammo in these some time ago. Did you not say that it didn't shoot the factory stuff well either? There may well be aproblem with the forearm/tube. But sorry, I can't answer your question as to how to get the forearm off. Just haven;t had reason to do that YET......
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Should be snug but not overly snug
Well, its overly snug. I would hate to pull on it any harder in fear of it breaking the forearm.

Its not permantly attached the mag tube is it? I should be able to pull it right off I figured.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

BC go over to Paco Kelly's "Leverguns" forum. Those guys are Marlin experts over there. Good luck, Tom.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

BC,

Try this place, http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...oard,56.0.html

TT
Old 07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
bigcountry

thanks Tom. They had a section about dissasembly. It appears the mag tube is connected to the tube and has to be taken off as a unit. I am going to take off and sand the forearm just a tad, and see if it helps. Right now the gap between the wood and barrel is so tight, you couldn't get anything between them.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

BC just undo the 2 screws holding the foreend tip ..slide the bracket up and pull from the forward tip of the forend down. It will not break ...if it does call Marlin errrrrrrrrr Remington and demand a new stock but I doubt it will be that tight. I had a 39a I just took the stock off and it was tight as all get out.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

BC just undo the 2 screws holding the foreend tip ..slide the bracket up and pull from the forward tip of the forend down.
I did that with a rubber mallet before. It will not budge. I get about 1mm of space between it and the barrel. Its like its swelled up on the mag tube or something.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did that with a rubber mallet before. It will not budge. I get about 1mm of space between it and the barrel. Its like its swelled up on the mag tube or something.
WOW that is tight...that would cause some accuracy issues. W/O looking at it . CalL Marlin customer service they are very heplful.

Quick Reply: Marlin 1895 Forearm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.