Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.5mm Is Back!

Old 06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
DM

Default RE: .5mm Is Back!

I use to "brag" on the 5mm Rem. Mag some years ago around the net, as i bought a couple of them back in the 70's... (some of those boys on RFC about tarred and feathered me...lol)

I've used the 5mm Rem. Mag.a lot, and it performed much better than a 22lr or mag... BUT, everyone on the forums thought i was full of it, and a nut case for even keeping a 5mm around... As...everyone just knew there would NEVER be any ammo made for them again!

Well, looks like folks are just figureing out now what i found out in the 70's. I'm glad it's back...

DM
Old 06-16-2008, 07:32 AM
DM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

5mm is .20" caliber. .5mm is HALF A MILLIMETER. That equals .5 X 1/254 of an inch; or .00196 of an inch! Like I said, big difference! That'd be a pretty tiny bullet!!
Hey elde,

Don't you know your NOT supposeto correct or educate people on this forum??? When you do, someone is sure to come along and call you a "know it all" or ridicule you for doing so...

DM
Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

This gun was way ahead of its time when it was introduced. Thats why they stopped production on it.
I've heard some pretty dumb chit posted on here... but that is seriously up there near the top. I think a retake of Macroeconomics might be a good late Summer course for you my friend.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is what was said by Remington. Dont get your panties in a bundle.
ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

This gun was way ahead of its time when it was introduced. Thats why they stopped production on it.
I've heard some pretty dumb chit posted on here... but that is seriously up there near the top. I think a retake of Macroeconomics might be a good late Summer course for you my friend.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

This is what was said by Remington. Dont get your panties in a bundle.
ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

The 5mm was so far ahead of its' time, it did not sell well enough for the company to keep on making them! There are other historical examples of this in the firearms field, such as several of Charlie Newton's cartridges.....