Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg Service

Old 06-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mossberg Service

I'd like a few feedbacks from folks who have dealt in any respect with Mossberg directly.

I shot an email out on April 24th about the desire of having a wider, laminated fore-end on my 835 turkey gun. Mossberg makes a thumbhole model with this type of fore-end and I asked about buying one separately to put on my 835.

On June 7th.... over a month later (I'd forgotten about it honestly) I get an email back finally that reads as if a high school kid wrote it on a text message. "We sell only the reg forearms for the 835. Call us at 1-800-363-3555 so you can order it thru us."

No thank you... I don't want a regular forearm, that was the problem in the first place!

Is this sort of response time and general disregard of the customer's desires common experience?
Old 06-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mossberg Service

SC..i will catch some flak for this but I have owned one Mossberg 835 pump and I will never own another mossberg anything the rest of my life. They are total unadulterated crap
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

SC..i will catch some flak for this but I have owned one Mossberg 835 pump and I will never own another mossberg anything the rest of my life. They are total unadulterated crap
I only need it to go off once... its a turkey gun. You'll get no arguement from me about the quality of the thing, but it throws a hell of a tight pattern.

My gripe is from a huntability standpoint. The skinny round foreend likes to roll off my knee. They make a laminated flat one, but won't come off one aftermarket. I think I'll just get a barrel for the Encore or stick with the 870 for the most part next spring.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my 835, I brought it 11 plus years ago. I called Mossberg about replacing the front white bead that came on the gun, I wanted the fiber optic sights on the current 835, they mailed them to me FREE OF CHARGE, I broke the rear sight, called and once more FREE OF CHARGE......They where professional with me, I spoke to a guy by the name of Joe
Old 06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

check with boyds gunstocks. i think they make the thumbhole and forearm set up for them. the thumbhole stocks are actually wood with a truck bedliner type spray over it.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

I had a 500 turkeywith the ported bbl andforest camo .It looked as if the powder coating was on the inside of the bbl too . I scrubbed it up alot . The gun shot ok and where it was pointed . I sent a letter off to Mossberg . I bought the gun 7/27 inNovember I went to see a gunsmith and tookthe 500along he looks at the bbl says "I can polish it out but if you shoot it some it'll clean up , Faster with steel ". At that point I had put 100-150 rounds through it and picked up a Hastings choke for ducks ( it came with imp/cyl and maximum turkey ) half of which was steel . I sold the 500 in July of 02. I still don't have an answer .

Old 06-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a forest camo 500 and realtree 835. I've killed a bunch of deer with both, one turkey, and coyote, doves, and squirrels. They are a "value" brand, but they've performed very well for me. I've had the 500 for over 10 years and it has some war marks. It my beater gun, and I enjoy shooting it

When I want to go in style (usually upland birds) I take my Franchi O/U 12 ga.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

check with boyds gunstocks. i think they make the thumbhole and forearm set up for them. the thumbhole stocks are actually wood with a truck bedliner type spray over it.
And that would be fine if I wanted a thumbhole stock.... which I don't because I have short fingers and cannot take the safety off on a Mossberg with a thumbhole stock. I like the standard stock on it just fine.... I jsut want a wider forend... and yes I could get a boyds and get it dipped.... but thats a fair amount of $ by the time I'm said and done.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: A11en

I've got a forest camo 500 and realtree 835. I've killed a bunch of deer with both, one turkey, and coyote, doves, and squirrels. They are a "value" brand, but they've performed very well for me. I've had the 500 for over 10 years and it has some war marks. It my beater gun, and I enjoy shooting it

When I want to go in style (usually upland birds) I take my Franchi O/U 12 ga.
A11en what does that have to do with their customer service? Did you have to send one in for repairs?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought an 835 until Rem came out with their 870 Super Mag. My 835 would not eject the fired 3.5 " hulls. I contacted Mossberg and they said it was most likely a rough chamber and they would either polish it or put a nre barrell on it. They had me send it to them and the turn around was extremely quickwith a brand new barrell on it no charge and no more problems. My 835 once the ejection problem was fixed was a decent turkey gun but the Rem 870 super mag is much better is why I got rid of it but the customer service Ireceived was very good from them.

Quick Reply: Mossberg Service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.