Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wonders never cease

Old 02-27-2003, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wonders never cease

Well I surprised myself the other day. Not only did I finally break down and 270 Win, but I got it in a Ruger of all things. Now as much as I love my Savages, I had a chance to shoot my hunting buddy' s Ruger 77 Mk II stainless, with a lamenated stock. I really enjoyed shooting it. I went to my local gunshop the other day to shoot the breeze and have a look around. I wasn' t really planning on buying anything, but as I was browsing through the rifles I found a very new looking Ruger stainless 270 Win. I looked it over and it was in great shape. Probably bought at the first of deer season and then traded in or sold at the end of season. I looked at the tag and the price looked like it was a mistake. It was very low for the used stainless model. Not being one to pass up a good deal I put it on layaway until I had a chance to go back with some cash. Went and picked it up the other day and I can hardly wait to put glass on it and take it to the range. Just hope my Savages don' t try to kick it out of the gun closet.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wonders never cease

frizzellr,Good Luck with that new Ruger.It' s hard to believe that a die hard Savage man would lower himself to buying a Ruger.LOL.I don' t think your Savage' s will kick the Ruger out of the gun closet. The Savages might be glad to mingle with the higher class for a change.LOL.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

If those " savages" revolt I' m sure someone here can give it a good home. Good luck with it.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Frizzellr! Sounds like a good buy!
If you are really interested in finding the age of your gun go to Rugers web site. Using the serial number they will tell you when the gun was made.
I made a really good deal on a Ruger Super Redhawk a couple of years ago and through the Ruger' s site I found out that it was only a few months old!
Someone bought the .44 and I guess found out that it was too much for them!
Again congrats on a good purchase!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the new Ruger, i hope it shoots as well as them Savages you have[8D]
Old 02-27-2003, 04:06 PM

My Savages get along with the other makes in my cabinet but I do keep them together so no hard feelings develop []

woods