Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

quich detach rings

Old 02-18-2003, 04:59 AM

Default quich detach rings

was wondering if which ones are good to get. also when you take them off with the scope to use iron sights. do they hold zero well when put back on.
i need to get a pair for my f.n. sporter
Old 02-18-2003, 09:57 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: quich detach rings

Well, I have had two brands. But the one that I liked was Leupolds. Yes they do stand up to their claim. I like them for things like muzzleloaders that I have to put in water to clean. Don' t want them on my other rifles.

Old 02-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quilly,
What gun do you want to put these on? And is it just for the purpose of also using iron sights?? Or do you realy want to be able to fully remove the scope and rings? Cause if you just want to be able to use iron sights at time, Weaver makes a set-up called Pivot mount rings. Check them out to see if they would be useful for you. If you are definitely looking for Quick detachables, I' ve heard from a bunch of folks that Leupold is good one.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/access/pivot.html
Old 02-18-2003, 01:30 PM

8mm/06..

i am gonna put it on my f.n. in 35whelen. it will mostly be used for brush, bog,and cedar huntign when it is raining, snowing and the deer are held up. i was thinking that when i am stalking and a place presents itslef that shots are gonna get out to 150yds or so i can have the option to have a scope on it.
i have heard good things about them.also i might want t use the gun in my stand on wet and ansty days in maine and leave the browning medallion home
btw the site did not work that you put up for some reason.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats wierd that it wouldn' t work. I just clicked on it from my post and it went. Anyway, just get on the Weaver website and find the Pivot mounts and rings. I believe they have an application of the pivot mounts for Mauser 98' s which is what your FN is basically, right?
With the pivot rings you just flip the scope over to the side (to the left for a standard right handed bolt) and you then have the unobstructed view of your irons withou even removing the scope at all. a simple flip back to the original position.......snap it down,,......and you' re ready to go with the scope again.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Leupold Quick Release Mounts and Rings on three of my rifles, and they work great. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:13 AM

8mm/06..

my comp is messing up latley due to a virus or two. so that could be the main reason.
actually that sounds like a good idea. i might just go with them. have you or someone you known used this setup before?
Old 02-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quilly,
I haven' t used it yet, but plan on setting up one of my Swede mausers with this set-up. I have a real short barreled Model 94 Swede that is pretty old and only up to fairly modest pressures. But the pressures it will handle are plenty good enough for killing shots on whitetails out to 150 yards and beyond. I will use it in the cedar swamps in northern Michigan where I still hunt/sneak hunt when it is breezy and drizzly. My shots are generally under 60 yards. I plan on keeping a lower power fixed power scope on it (like a 4 power). Sometimes I am offered walking shots so close that a scope is a hindrence, so being able to flip it out of the way will allow me to have a better field of view when in tight.