Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Mod. Seven Problem....

Old 03-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Remington Mod. Seven Problem....

I am wanting to buy a model seven stainless/synthetic in .308. Here's my problem, on their website even though they have a picture of a stainless/synthetic on their first page (the first page after you click on model sevens), when you start trying to look at all of the different model sevens, they DO NOT list a model seven in stainless/synthetic. Please tell me they haven't quit making this particular one. Does anyone know what the deal is?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington Mod. Seven Problem....

i thought they discontinued that particular combonation in late 2006 when they introduced the modle 7 xcr. i could be and probably am wrong i dunno. i love my model 7 cdl though. have you considered the wood stock???
Old 03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

You might try and find one on gunbroker.com.. But I believe they stopped making the syn/ss and now just have it in the camo stock.. Why? I don't know??

But keep looking.. It is a great little gun.. You'll find one online or at a gun show..
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Awww shoot, ya'll are making me want to cry! I guess I'll have to be looking out for a used one, or go with the wood, I really don't want the camo one. Not saying it can't be done, but I would have to find a heck of a good deal to beat what I can get one at wholesale price through my cousin who is ffl licensed.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:05 PM

A dealer should be able to locate a new Model 7 in Syn/SS and 308 thru a wholesaler. Just because they are out of production doesn't mean that there not hundreds of new rifles sitting in a wholesalers inventory.
IMO the Model 7 that you are looking for is one sweet rifle, go luck on your search.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Site Bouncer

I don't think you can go wrong with any of themodel seven configurations....I love to shoot mine (.308) it's agreat little rifle. Accuracy is decent (not great) and Iprefer to hunt with it when I'm going to be on the move a lotas it's fairly light and easy to pack.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have no problems w/ the accuracy of my model 7 or any others i have owned and shot. i GARENTEE that the rifle shoots better then you can in any hunting situation. if not then your a rare exception. im not tryin to get your featherts ruffled just sayin', thats the case w/ almost any rifle.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Popeye you are right about the probability of finding one in stock. I just haven't said anything to my cousin yet, I'm waiting until I get the money saved. But I had thought that very same thing.