Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shot an XD this weekend. WOW

Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot an XD this weekend. WOW

Well I am getting married a week from Saturday and the little lady had a naughty underwear shower to go to so when her parents came in town I took her dad to my folks house to do a little shooting. He is a gun nut but the family didn't know it till I came along because he only had two girls and no other men to hang around (one of those woman dominated families). So with no one to talk to he just sits and watches TV or plays Wii.

He has had a XD 9mm for over a year now and never been able to shoot it (lives in the cityand there is no range nea by). Wee went out and shot having fun and missing a lot finally after a couple clips he let me take a few shots and he shot my Baby Desert Eagle 9mm. I was really impressed it was smooth, crisp, and the egronomics were great for me. It kicked a bit more then mine but came back to target quick and naturally. I am now really thinking about selling my Magnum Research and buying an XD.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM

Default RE: Shot an XD this weekend. WOW

The XD is nice, but don't go selling that Baby Eagle, you'll regret it. The XD had some corrosion problems from what I have heard. I don't know if the finish is better on the new models.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The finish on the new XD's is called Melonite, and it has none of the corrosion issues of the originals. I wouldn't buy one used for that reason, but I would buy a new one.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM

No more than they cost new, why not get it new. Sure, you can get one used for whatever the price is, but brand new they are right around $500 or so.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Site Bouncer

I have the XD45 and I'm so impressed with it, I'm considering buying the 9mm as well...great gun.