Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The worst idea that sucked us all in

Old 02-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The worst idea that sucked us all in

Definitely not CHEAPER........in some cases twice as much.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Well...maybe you're right...but $75-$100 more is worth it.

Coyoteguns. Possibly back by the end of March.
Bergara. But I don't know if they are any good. Just cheaper.
I guess anything else would have to be bought. Then sent out for lug/chamber work. If you're not in a rush it's possible to get a better barrel cheaper or for not too much more.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a .50 Cal ML originally at a price thatwould be under wholesale in most shops and couldn't pass it up.Down the roadbought a factory .22-250 barrel to be used for coyotes. I also was dissappointed in the accuracy department. Did a little research on possible solutions and ran across Stratton Custom T/C Accessories. They make a forend hanger bar that attaches to the barrel. Some modification to the forearm is mandatorybut easily done (if I can do it anyone can).

I thought It seemed a little gimicky butthe price was right so I triedit. I was pleasantly surprised howwell it worked. I did the same thing on a factory .204 barrel; again it worked like a charm. Both barrelsnow shoot less than an inch at 100 yards as long as the shooter doestheir part. I never have touched the hinge pin. Mine isn't sloppy, but I wouldn't consider it overly tight either.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Old/New

Well...maybe you're right...but $75-$100 more is worth it.

I agree 100%.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two buddies that do the same barrel swapping as your talking about, without any problems.
What do you think recoil does to your gun. Do you think it might be comparable to tapping it with a hammer?

I have another buddy that have had two Winchester model70 rifles that couldn't hold a 5 inch group @ 100 hundred yards.
Sometimes you get a bad gun??
Old 03-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was flipping thru the channels the other night and saw a part of one of the millions of T/C sponsored shows on the Outdoor Channel. They were talking to a factory rep and he was saying how they only had one warranty man in the factory and were comparing him to the Maytag man...I thought that was pretty humorous. They implied that no one ever sent them back and the customer satisfaction rating was near 100%...
Old 03-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just spent the better part of an hour looking at a Knight KP1 with a guy from the Knight Factory. All i can say is someone put some serious thought into that gun. Had I not just purchased a Disc Extreme I would have bought that gun with 2 barrels ..50 cal and a 30-06. If They spend 1/2 what TC does on TV ads and paying off Gun Hoes they will smother that sad excuse of a gun known as an Encore.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

The way I came to this conclusion was tonight I was considering buying another action for my ML.
Can't argue that. I have had a fine Encore ML for six yrs and have been more pleased with it than others before. However, for six yrs I have been perusing catalogs and considering other bbls but every time I add up the cost of bbl+foreend I just add a few dollars and buy a complete rifle.

Same can be said for AR uppers.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: whiskeysnoot

Same can be said for AR uppers.
Yep, another freakin thing that sucked me in.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL BC I think an AR will be my next purchase. Any advice?

Quick Reply: The worst idea that sucked us all in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.