Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The worst idea that sucked us all in

Old 02-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The worst idea that sucked us all in

For one thing there ain't no way I'm paying $600.00 dollars or more for a piece of **** single shot!
I wouldadd for a TC single shot CF. I'd pay 600 for a Ruger #1 though.

I like the encore's feel and handling been considering for awhile about adding an encore to my 50 cal ML collection but the price hasheld me back. Not to mention the flex tech pro hunter which I just don't like is what i have found locally! I never bought into the marketing hype of 1 gun/swap barrels I looked at the cost associated for swapping barrels, it never madesense to me..[&:].

As to swpping barrels without verification, IMHOirresponsible[]. I would never not fire a group prior to hunting if I changed something, especially sight or bedding related.Hell I verify POI throughout the season even when nothing is touched.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:21 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

As to swpping barrels without verification, IMHOirresponsible[]. I would never not fire a group prior to hunting if I changed something, especially sight or bedding related.Hell I verify POI throughout the season even when nothing is touched.
Most people do not understand about bedding, they think, just because the scope is mounted to the barrel, it will not change. But I assure you, you take 90% of the bolt action rifles, and take them out of thier stock and replace them, you will see a POI change out to 300 yards, maybe small, maybe 6". I know I take special care with torquing my action screws to the exact poundage and that helps.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know I take special care with torquing my action screws to the exact poundage and that helps.
How many individuals know nothing about action torque itself?? I use a torqure driver and tighten them to the same specs each time, some rifles just walk after they have been unseated even when retightened to spec. I can't imagine guess by golly and not verifing POI??? Maybe I am just way to anal b/c such practice or thoughts is baffling to me.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

For one thing there ain't no way I'm paying $600.00 dollars or more for a piece of **** single shot!
I wouldadd for a TC single shot CF. I'd pay 600 for a Ruger #1 though.

I like the encore's feel and handling been considering for awhile about adding an encore to my 50 cal ML collection but the price hasheld me back. Not to mention the flex tech pro hunter which I just don't like is what i have found locally! I never bought into the marketing hype of 1 gun/swap barrels I looked at the cost associated for swapping barrels, it never madesense to me..[&:].

I bought my Encore back a while, paid just under $400. Makes a good ML. shoots great.Thats what I'll use it for.,
Old 02-23-2008, 12:16 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: glockman55
I bought my Encore back a while, paid just under $400. Makes a good ML. shoots great.Thats what I'll use it for.,
No doubt as a ML, its a great gun. No arguement here.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know I take special care with torquing my action screws to the exact poundage and that helps.
How many individuals know nothing about action torque itself?? I use a torqure driver and tighten them to the same specs each time, some rifles just walk after they have been unseated even when retightened to spec. I can't imagine guess by golly and not verifing POI??? Maybe I am just way to anal b/c such practice or thoughts is baffling to me.

Call me anal on this one as well Skeeter. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff I see at the shooting range here right before deer season. People will put a scope on a gun and shoot an entire box of shells and call it good if they are on a cardboard box at 50-100 yards...never mind its a 3 or 4 foot box. I've seen em shoot new guns till the barrel is damn near smoking..you name it. Makes you leery of buying used guns..lol.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Call me anal on this one as well Skeeter. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff I see at the shooting range here right before deer season. People will put a scope on a gun and shoot an entire box of shells and call it good if they are on a cardboard box at 50-100 yards...never mind its a 3 or 4 foot box. I've seen em shoot new guns till the barrel is damn near smoking..you name it. Makes you leery of buying used guns..lol.
6" high, good enough..LOL Just aim low. I've seen guys do that in Archery, screw the broad heads in. they shoot low left, They'll just aim high right at game, instead of moving their sights.. Go Figure.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

The worst idea that sucked us all in
Marriage!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

How do you know what the exact poundage is required for your rifles...?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow if I could find a ML encore for that kind of money I'd surely own one. Coming down in price but still for a NIB walnut/blue encore your looking at 650-700. I haven't convinced myself as a smokepole they are worth that much just yet. Adding to the problem is I want to compare the Truimph and Knight KRB before I buy. I don't need another inline so no pressing need to buy which makes it much easier to sit back. Off topic a bit...sorry!!

Doe dumper rest assured your not the only place that has such individuals, it happens here a lot. Heading to the range on the weekend before a gun season is set to open is nothing short of a gong show. Most common words heard are: "close enough"...[:'(]

In regards to adjusting your bow sights, that should be only done after you are sure your bow is tuned, arrows spined correctly, spin tested, etc.Basically last resort. One of the signs a bow is off to me has always been spin a BH on and the flight changes dramatically from the fp. First thing I do when getting ready to run BH's is paper tune, it tells me what I need to know and eliminates frustration down the road. Sorry way off topic

Quick Reply: The worst idea that sucked us all in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.