Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The worst idea that sucked us all in

Old 02-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The worst idea that sucked us all in

I don't like TC... I thought their TCR was a cool concept, so I bought one-it had a double-set trigger that I really liked. Had a .22/250, .243 Win. and a .30/'06 barrel for it. Wanted a .32/40 and a .38/55 barrel for it too. But they stopped making TCRbarrels-claimed it was "due to a fire".

But they continue to make other stuff that was contemporary with the TCR! I don't believe them-I think the TCR, although it had some good points, was basically a faulty design, and may not have been selling well enough. So they "had a fire", and dropped the TCRsand barrels for it........
Old 02-22-2008, 07:26 AM
bigcountry

I figured I would get flamed for this post. I guess I am not the only one who does not like beating out a hinge pin to change a barrel.

The problem I have with the hinge pin is sooner or later, if your constantly changing barrels, your going to wear the hinge pin hole. In the end, its just a poke stalk 600 dollar rifle.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Note to TC..... copy the Blaser or Merkel single shot rifles the next time you want to bring out a quality single shot rifle . .
Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I'm glad I read this, I was thinking about getting another barrel for my Encore. I think I'll keep it just a ML. Hell for over $300. for a barrel. I can add a few $ and get another nice Rifle. Thanks for keeping me from getting Sucked in.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Cmon guys!! All them people on tv have gotta know something we dont! I mean they are so much better hunters than we are and hey ALL use them!

On a serious note have any of you seen one of them miss and listen to the commotion while they try to reload? LOL Funny stuff!! Like I said T/C has done the ultimate marketing job here....anybody that can get $600 out of a polkstock has my respect...lol. Theres no damn way they will get any of my money for one of those things.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

I bought one a few months ago.. For 4 reasons.. 1) I like the ability to change out the barrells (and have not had any issue with my Contender pistol in the 223 and 44 Mag barrell) 2) I like the fact of a light gun that I can order any barrell lenght/color/caliber combination. 3) I wanted a 308 and 4) they had this one on sale for under 400.00..

So what is my plan for this gun.. The 308 will be my drag up the tree on a rope shoot the deer at less than 100 yards gun.. But when my boys are old enough to shoot I will start them out with a 223 or 22-250 20" barrell that is small/light enough for them to use and shoot regularly without knocking thier teeth out until they are old enough to move up to the 243..
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

On a serious note have any of you seen one of them miss and listen to the commotion while they try to reload? LOL Funny stuff!! Like I said T/C has done the ultimate marketing job here....anybody that can get $600 out of a polkstock has my respect...lol. Theres no damn way they will get any of my money for one of those things.
It is, its freakin shear genius on T/C's part. They pull you in little at a time with the idea of "oh, Ican have a 270win for the price of a 300 dollar barrel, instead of 500 for a new rifle",until you have4 barrels, two different sets of stocks, 3 forarms, and one frame, and it finally dawns on you, its a single shot gun you have a fortune invested in.

Oh well, I fell for it.I have wasted money in worse places I guess. Now I can't get rid of it. I have a sub 0.7MOA 204 Ruger setup. I can't get rid of that.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been quite happy with my Encores, but all I have now is a ProHunter muzzleloader. My youngest son has a custom shop 270 and a muzzleloader. I have never bedded a forend and have gotten MOA+/- accuracy out of nearly every barrel that I have owned. My son's 270 is consistently a sub MOA barrel with every type of ammo we have fed it. It is by far the best we have ever had.

Love them or hate them; T/C has sold TONS of them.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I really don't like the idea that it seems like the TC's are used in about 75% of the different televised hunting shows. Kinda lends a little ammo to the anti's who argue that you don't really need those multi-shot bolt action sniper rifles for hunting...

Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Plus...The cost of a scope for each barrel, unless you want to pull the scope and re-sight in each time..

Quick Reply: The worst idea that sucked us all in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.