Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What kind of SKS?

Old 02-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What kind of SKS?

Above is a picture of my Yugo. It came with an arsenal log book that showed that it was manufactured, carefully checked over, and test fired in 1983, after which it was put into storage.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldnt buy a Yugo car but i would buy one ofthose YugoSks,s

Thats a realnice looking one.

I havent looked at there prices lately- but there pretty inexpensive still in price right?

( the old guy who use to have the army/navel store is no longer around- was one of only a few around herewith such firearms close to town-andwasmy fav place to get new&used military firearms etc)

Edit: But there where/ use to be 2 stores army/navy typesvarious withfirearms etc)i use to buy from one in town & one out- both are gone now....

But i will golook & check prices on line etc - this thread has got me in the mood to buy a new gun[:-]

Old 02-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought mine about 4 years ago for $150. They run about $200 for unissued ones these days, well worn ones, which I avoid can still be had for around $100.

http://samcoglobal.com/rifles.html

^^looks like they are now charging $250 or so for unissued rifles. I wish I would have bought a crate of them a few years ago when they charged around $160 for new SKSs. I always thought that leaving the rifles in the crate and puting a glass top over them would make a great coffee table for a rec room.LOL

Old 02-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep that would be/make a great coffeetable i agree!~ . Nice collection there.

Thnks yep - must be aboutthe last time i was checking into them/ getting a itch to buy a few more about4 yrs ago or so - i thought i remembered them being about $150 or so.

But yeplike everything i guess it seems lately- prices are up on a lot of things.

( i did have the ol guy throw in a few stripper clips, sling, & chest bandollier etc on that $89 one- he didtalk me into buying a few orphans- i wish his store was still around)
Old 02-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a thought but why even bother to buy a SKS when you can pick up a AK for not much more money? I think the various benefits of the AK such as magazines and operating system far outweigh the inital added costs.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats what i say
ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Just a thought but why even bother to buy a SKS when you can pick up a AK for not much more money? I think the various benefits of the AK such as magazines and operating system far outweigh the inital added costs.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why bother with an AK if for a not much more money you could buy an AR-15? Why bother with an AR-15 when for not much money more you can get an AR-10? Why bother with a AR-10 when for not much more money you could buy a M14?.... The progression of apples to oranges comparisons never ends.

The low end AKs (assembled by the likes of Century inc) really only offer the advantage of using a bigger magazine over a SKS. Accuracy and reliability are all overthe map unless you drop $400 or more on a better rifle than the Century assembled WASRs.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

well the differnts from a sks to a ak is alot less then from a ak to a ar
to me you only buy a ak or sks to have one and to me a ak is a lot nicer more wanted gun
but me i will buy the ar over either any day
but i also want a ak to so one day i might buy one
ORIGINAL: Briman

Why bother with an AK if for a not much more money you could buy an AR-15? Why bother with an AR-15 when for not much money more you can get an AR-10? Why bother with a AR-10 when for not much more money you could buy a M14?.... The progression of apples to oranges comparisons never ends.

The low end AKs (assembled by the likes of Century inc) really only offer the advantage of using a bigger magazine over a SKS. Accuracy and reliability are all overthe map unless you drop $400 or more on a better rifle than the Century assembled WASRs.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that one Wikipedia thing, mentioned that East Germany made SKS's, dang, those must be fine guns, if they're German-made, lol.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

my Norinco SKS has always served me well. It has never jammed on me (even during bumpfire/rapidfire) it's accuracy seems good to me. it's very easy to field strip and clean. (step-by-step vids on youtube) i hear a lot of good things about Yugo's they seem to have the most parts readily available for modifications or replacements.

the pic is my Norinco SKS

Quick Reply: What kind of SKS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.